Widening wheel hubs

You have to tip if you want the models to take requests :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Also who cares, longer tread life.

We’re gonna need bigger gears, boys…

3 Likes

Check out some of these interesting sizes. I got the 9" roadies to try out.

The 2nd from the bottom are 12"

11 Likes

Damn… some good looking road tires in there.
I like the 10x2.5

2 Likes

Here’s what I’ve learned in their sizing schemes…

• When they use X in the dimensions, it’s diameter by width.

• When they use hyphen, it’s tire thickness and hub size.

So the 3.00-4 is 3" tire + 4" hub + 3" tire to get the total diameter, 10" wheel

8 Likes

Thought about casting instead of cnc?

The 10x2 and 10x2.5 are 5" hub tires, FYI.

1 Like

Ah damn. Nvm

Just finished CAD for a V2 MegaDeep addressing some issues from the first version.

Main changes are :

Hopefully these changes should make the MegaDeep more robust and reliable. Below is an assembled view from the front and back showing clearly the offset.

My plan is to get one of these on print tonight to validate the fit then build a full set ready for some real world testing and abuse.

21 Likes

:clap: awesome work ! Can’t wait your feedback after testing :wink:
Good luck !

2 Likes

Yes, it looks like. But I haven’t test it yet.

10" center rims holes is D99mm > 11" is 101/102mm
10" center width is 45mm > 11" is 50mm
So it should be ok, just have to compresse a bit more the tire about 5mm … don’t think it should be an issue, but anyway I’m going 10" on the rear and maybe still 9" on the front …

Also didn’t know 9" MEGAstar are also compatible with 8" ! They make it like MBS 5star.

So 9" MEGAstar should fit : 6", 6.5", 7", 8", 9", 10" and 11" so !! (plus the offset option)

2 Likes

Nicely done, the MegaStars doesn’t have the interlocking slots of the SuperStars?

I am thinking of making the little valve area fill a stand alone piece that can be glued after, this way you don’t waste a ton of material in support

1 Like

I thought this but it only takes the print from 38g to 44g so it hardly seems worth it for the effort. Bumps the time to a bit but I don’t mind that.

1 Like

That offset is sexy AF. I have a few set of wheels I could try this on if you want a second set of eyes.

3 Likes

Now with Megastar only fit. :sob:

It was megastar only from the begining cause the superstar has tabs, but i think @pixelsilva has got you covered :wink:

1 Like

How far away are we from fitting these bad boys?

10"/11"

6"

5 Likes

a complete truck redesign. Way too heavy and wide for anything we have.

I’d still be tempted to throw some 150mm, 12mm shoulder bolts in some Kahua trucks to run 3" wide 5" wheels w/ those bridgestones on it…

4 Likes

This is very helpful thanks! :pray:

1 Like