Down bad AF 4 reviews of big daddy Hoyt 5" hubs/tires & testing of 5" tires on other hubs

fair enuf. be the change…

7 Likes

my expectation is that the manufacturing inconsistency on pretty much any tire will result in some level of imbalance.

2 Likes

Vid by @Skyart

4 Likes

Good to know they fit Bergs, would they fit InfinityHubs?

2 Likes

I just searched through this thread and I don’t think anyone has confirmed whether they fit.

They DO NOT fit berg rims, these hubs had to be designed to fit this tire.

5 Likes

Yeh I think I read that one of our other majorly expensive but majorly high quality vendors from here was designing the hub to fit this rubber… Still seems kinda cost prohibitive (for me at least) but at least there will be cross compatibility with gear drives we all know and love… I’m expecting a set of infinity hubs and while I ain’t holding my breath that they’ll fit the fives, I will post my results. I’m tryna learn how to use the 3d programs so I can use that file that was so graciously provided to us to design our own hubs. I’m turbo excited to ride these, that video @rusins looks fun af. Are those prototype 3ds ? Seem solid n well done

2 Likes

They don’t. The unreleased 3DS hubs have the same bolt pattern as bergs so some pullies/possible geardrives may work. Can confirm that BNM1 berg adaptors DO NOT work with them because they are a press fit adaptor.

4 Likes

I just really want to get these tires onto my BNM1 kegel gears somehow

Anything is possible :sparkles:

2 Likes

Only with your parts :two_hearts:

He gave us the fricken file! Design a hub with kegel cores n get em machined or print em wit a printer, that’s what we do here, right? I haven’t had the patience or discipline to teach myself all this AutoCAD stuff so I’m thinking I may even pay my cousin who deals with that stuff to give it a go, I’m thinking that’s my best shot right now.
Or I have a friend with a machine shop but little computer skills so I could bring him my kegel cores and write down the dimensions so we can just try to wing it.

I thought there was a separate thread just for this line of thinking but I may be mistaken, although I’m positive others have made more progress than I. I mean clearly, just that videos existence is proof of that. And so seems 3DS has done it, just a matter of time really before other people start posting their own solutions…
but yeah idk maybe some kinda hub adapter to make up the extra space as I think these tires have rather large IDs. Man, I miss the days where I had hours to sink into this hobby, I prob would have a solution to share for us po’ folk lol

3 Likes

Well this is why I’m not doing anything (yet), but I’d empty the 'ol wallet for some compatible hubs from @surfnacho

1 Like

I was gonna try to make some plates for this purpose. Someone make be a list of dimensions and I’ll make a batch

1 Like

plates for bergs or infinity hubs? I’ll try to better organize this later today to make it into a more readable format with the important numbers right there for you to grab. I don’t know very much about what exactly the important numbers even are, I just figured I’d take the opportunity to learn how to use fusion to read and measure stuff, so these screenshots are diameters and height differences between lines along the different steps of the rims. still dont really know where exactly the tire sits on these different parts, guess ill grab my trampa stuff later n check it out to see about where the tire sits and what faces and measurements seem the more important ones.

2 Likes

2 Likes

is there any new info on fitting these on InfinityHubs?

1 Like

Idk about that but I did smack a set onto some bergs and at a glance they seemed okayish? What’s the exact issue w these and bergz? Some diameter differences right? I didn’t try closing it up or airing em up plus I’m incredibly green but idk it seems hopeful to me. Perhaps some kinda gasket or fitting to eat up the gap betwixt the two could fix it? Idk I’m not in any position to be playing with my toys today

1 Like

@JJHoyt Hey Jeff - any plans to release a 6" tire that would fit on these?

Hoyt is set with the 5 and 7" tires for the time being. Metro will reintroduce the 6" (153mm) tires later this year.

6 Likes