Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

I don’t think anyone here has tried them out yet

They seem decent though, and for the price, definitely not a bad deal if they’re good

3 Likes

Just sent them an email, asking for some more information. Still a few months left before I can even think about taking my board outside in Norway lol

1 Like

I have. They arent too grippy, and are very prone to flats. Would not recommend. also they’re wobbly asf

speak for yoself

Get sunmate 150mm wheels. as much as we dislike mboards.co, they’re really cheap there right now.

5 Likes

U have em on a DIY? The wheels?

Oh, that, no.

1 Like

Just ordered a set of these

I hope they’re alright

1 Like

Hi! I would like to know which of this hubs could fit regular 8mm trucks, specially their axle length (34 mm long axle, without nut; 27mm of free space). Mine are 12’’ flipsky trucks and i want to use some 6’’ wheels. Lot of information here but can’t find this dimension. Cool post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Flipsky does sell 6inch wheels, but not sure if they can fit on those trucks, but they can be used on 8mm axle. Would need to ask support about width.

Evolve wheels or Evolve hubs should fit even with those weird pulleys. Probably the best choice. I mean, flipsky 12 inch trucks are clone of evolve trucks, right? So it should fit.

Trampa offers adapters for their Superstar hubs to be used with standard 608 bearings, I believe these should fit regular skateboard trucks.

Alternatively it’s possible to get 638 bearings, which will allow you to use MBS or other mountain board trucks on 8mm axles, but you would need more space than 27mm.

Aliexpress 6x2 also be used with 608 bearings, but require more space than 27mm.

Sunmate also sells 6inch wheels that fitx 8mm axle, but once again I’m not sure on the width they need. These hubs use aliexpress 6x2 tire, so the hubs are not the same as genuine Trampa Superstar.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the info. I asked some brands about that dimension (quite difficult to get clear information because they didn’t understand what i was asking for or simply didn’t answer) and I finally bought some old version of Sunmate wheels. They told me those could fit my trucks (25 mm between bearing outer faces, 608…), whenever they arrive I’ll tell you if it works. Thanks again!

3 Likes

The Hurricane 155mm tires handle pretty well. Unfortunately I only got about 250 miles out of them. I’m not a hard rider and weight about 190lbs with all my gear. I do carve a lot. I am going to try a set of 6” Evolve tires and see if I get more life out of them.

3 Likes

I got a solid year is hard riding out of my evolve 6", and half of that was on my diy. They still work but they’re getting a bit bald

2 Likes

Ok. What is the best readily available 150mm tire for evolve style rims right now???

IMO I’ve really been enjoying the sunmate 50x150 sold by mboards, though I’ve only had them on for a few days.

Kind of weary doing business with boards. The tires are true?

Dang that’s crazy, I’m just at 100 miles on my 150mm sunmates and they’re barely worn

I’m pretty sure they’re the same sunmates we get on aliexpress, not all sunmates are true. Some are wobbly

3 Likes

Not seeing anything in my initial searches.Are there any cheaper 9" inch tires that will fit the mbs five star hubs. Cheaper than mbs t3s.

US $8.98 20%OFF | 9 Inch Off-road Tire And Tube For Scooter Mountain Skateboard Inflation Wheel 2.80/2.50-4 AT Tyre With Inner Tube

Pay it forward :v:

2 Likes

Those would be great, but the delivery time is March 15th. I haven’t ordered from aliexpress in a long time, so not sure if it might come sooner.

2 Likes

Nothing in China will happen until mid February. They’re on the yearly holiday.

4 Likes

Yeah, if you want cheap, you gotta plan ahead for the aliexpress delay.

They have gotten my last few orders here before the est date though.

Do take note of Chinese new year though.

4 Likes