Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Anyone know about these

6X2, the hubs are solid (as in good, not density wise). I’ve pumped to 65psi using the original wheels and I’m pretty sure I can go even higher. Actually, I think tubes will give out first before the hubs will. Tubes are good up to 70psi I believe but I really wouldn’t trust that rating. Personally, I’ve been doing 62 psi and leaving them there.

If I’m not wrong, all hubs are more or less the same up to 8 inches. They all use 4 in hubs.

2 Likes

not too sure, you can keep track of the progress here :

1 Like

Just got some maytech 8x2 wheels with 10mm bearing but I am trying to use 8mm trucks

The bearings are larger then standard 8mm bearing so I cannot replace like that

Anyway I could use on 8mm axle or not really

Thanks for the help

pre-Awesomeness right here :

2 Likes

Picture creds to @RyEnd

Fivestars rule :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I’ve been thinking about getting some, are you going to use the MBS pulley?

If I get these tires I’ll put them on a gear drive

6 Likes

looking for the perfect pneumie tyre size - I have this inkling that 150mm dia x 67mm flat wide would be the PERFECT pneumatic for racing where grip is everything. One day perhaps…

200mm is a little too big on the range loss I reckon. the PSI needs to be as high as possible.

Apparently Psychotiller almost got it with 6" x 3" (152.5mm x 76.2mm) - someone needs to bring these back.

2 Likes

Aren’t racing and range inversely proportional though?

Wide aside, larger wheels run higher speeds per rpm. Idk anyone building a race board for range as well.

But then again I also see a lot of racers using urethane so maybe it’s all just preference of track, grip, etc.

1 Like

almost like race slicks! haha… I guess a urethane IS a race slick essentially. Just trying to figure out why wide wheels look so good on race cars like a Porsche or a Lamborghini, yet they don’t perform as well as smaller wheels requiring immensely more power for the torque, thus trying to find that perfect balance that will do well all round.

Anyway - it seems Psychotiller is intending to deliver the 6" x 3"s, so that’s exciting. Looks like Ernesto has 1st dibs on it though… a lot more interest on those than the 200mm x 75mms

2 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

Any idea where the rockstar pros land?

I dont have them

With ya there. Love my 6x2s. 8" tires are just too heavy for a lot of boards, can really make things feel sluggish if you don’t have silly power.

1 Like

from the photograph on ernesto’s website the 8x3’s look like these qind 200x75’s 4ply 35psi max. five tires and inner tubes cost $112.40 free shipping within the continental united states

edited to correct the dims in fub

Yeah they all look the same

Think you meant 8x3

2 Likes

for folks partial to the k909 tread, these folks & these folks sell supposedly kenda tires in that same 200x75 size

edit: oh shit I’m talking about totally different tires these 8x3 not 6x3 my bad

2 Likes

All tyres seem to be made by qind

1 Like