Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Yeah, they put this pic out

12 Likes

ooh they got their own run of tires
Screenshot_20200330-132217_2~2

2 Likes

Indeed. Been in the works for quite some time. We may be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel but communication is not a strong point for the vendor so I’m struggling to get accurate info. Fingers crossed we’ll have them in hand in a month or two. But then I need to scramble the rim. Reluctant to build those until I have tested tires in hand.
These would be 5x1.5” FYI. They will not be rated for high speed. A 5” wheel turns over 6-7x as fast as a bike tire and would build up destructive heat at high speeds. Expect a 30mph cap…and recommended lower cap for extended gunning.

10 Likes

has anyone tried using bergs wheels only with the 6x2 hubs and tubes?

are they compatible w eachother?

1 Like

You mean berg hubs with 6x2 tires and tubes? That will work. But ride feel sucks in my opinion.

1 Like

These 125mm wheels, will they fit the bergs hubs? I know evolve had a 125mm wheel in the works and it was confirmed by Timo that their 125mm fit the bergs.

We ride 6x2" at 40mph so 5x1,5" shouldn’t be a problem due to less friction and less heat compared to 2", even if the wheel rotation speed is slightly higher.

I’m basing this off the manufacturers expertise and their test data rather than anecdotal info. As a business, I have to err on the side of safety. As a rider, you’re naturally free to push the envelope.

6 Likes

The manufacturer expertise is in most cases very limited. They just don’t test the tires at such speeds and certainly not on ESK8s.
Anyway, the information you get from a Asian manufacturer about a product is almost nothing worth. You need to test it buy yourself.
I’m very exited to see the finished product and stress test it.

I respectfully have to disagree with regard to our vendor at least. You are correct that they are not testing on esk8…that’s our job. But they are testing in their lab to establish a speed rating. Indeed that’s why the delivery of these 5” tires is taking so damn long.
I spent 20 years on the factory floor in Asia (Korea, China and Taiwan) so im not just bloviating here.

5 Likes

Is there any way to tell tyre hardness? For example, Trampa Treads are sold in hard or soft compound. Is there any way to see the difference?

1 Like

No I mean the 6x2 hubs and tubes with bergs tires only

I’ve found the darker and shinier they look, the harder they are personally.

1 Like

That is probably visible when they are new, after many km it’s hard to say.
Maybe P.R. rating? I see some tyres have 2 P.R. and some 4. @Trampa? I am talking about Trampa treads hardness

1 Like

6x2 tubes are 2-3 times bigger in volume. Don’t think you can mix tires and tubes between these two.

Difference in rubber. Hard compound is a motocross rubber.

but is it possible to tell the difference looking at markings at tire?

2 Likes

No it’s not possible. They are made on the same mould.

2 Likes

is anyone familiar with this vendor for tires?

https://www.azscooterparts.com/

this looks like the best pricing for Kenda Tires out there.

Should be worried about them being legit?

1 Like

Never heard of counterfit tyres myself

1 Like