Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Need some of those wyde etoxx hubs for them though. They are disturbingly tight on fivestars, working on a spacer for the hubs.

4 Likes

I never noticed the rockstar pros have a metal spacer collar in the middle…

Seems like it would be easy to make a wiiiide spacer if the hub lips can still take it.

Skip to where he’s assembling and then to where he’s fucking killing it at the bike park.

Thoughts @ducktaperules?

4 Likes

anyone tried these before

They are a fine budget option, imo. Heavy, and although mine don’t have noticeable wobble up to 35mph, YMMV.

1 Like

Anyone got some information on max psi and what tires the aliexpress wheels can fit

Those ^ that fit the 8" tires? Or the 6x2 wheels?

2 Likes

The 6x2 wheels do they fit 8 inch wheels also

No, this is in the OP.

Actually… what your saying is kinda a mess…

If you mean “can I use 8 inch pnummies on hubs like bergmeisters” - no

3 Likes

Do they keep flat when mounted?

1 Like

As in you know the aliexpress 6x2 wheels?

Can I put 8 inch wheels and tubes on their hubs
Also what psi should I pump them up to?

Thanks

This site has been absolutely trolling me on mobile lately (probably issues on my end tbh)

So here, have a screenshot

I do not know the sizes of the specific hubs you’re talking about. Check the drop downs in the first post. PSI is also there. (Okay, no PSI for AliExpress listing it looks like. Probably safe to 60PSI on the hubs. Tires may vary. I’d start at 40PSI or less, really a thing you learn by ride style/experience/tire feel)

tl:dr …READ, DAMN YOU

5 Likes

I have know idea how wide the hub is

Also it doesn’t mention psi

If you go to the top post and press aliexpress those are the wheels I am talking about

Also anyone got some information on the maytech 8x2 wheels

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32846844838.html

They’re listing a 70mm wide hub, which is the ~2.8 inch. Post says no to bigger than 6"… but I’ll STFU at this point because I don’t have them on hand.

3 Likes

K have them on hand just in my bros room and he is sleeping

Cheers though

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

Order these and find out for us :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0021XPF9U

2 Likes

Anyone know about these

6X2, the hubs are solid (as in good, not density wise). I’ve pumped to 65psi using the original wheels and I’m pretty sure I can go even higher. Actually, I think tubes will give out first before the hubs will. Tubes are good up to 70psi I believe but I really wouldn’t trust that rating. Personally, I’ve been doing 62 psi and leaving them there.

If I’m not wrong, all hubs are more or less the same up to 8 inches. They all use 4 in hubs.

2 Likes

not too sure, you can keep track of the progress here :

1 Like

Just got some maytech 8x2 wheels with 10mm bearing but I am trying to use 8mm trucks

The bearings are larger then standard 8mm bearing so I cannot replace like that

Anyway I could use on 8mm axle or not really

Thanks for the help

pre-Awesomeness right here :

2 Likes