Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Ha. Just a collection of “frequently asked dims”.

5 Likes

Hmmm, all the important bits are there. The arc degree may be a little extra. 360/5 lol

The Tri-spoke is a little more difficult. It’s older and there have been a few molds over the twenty years it was around (discontinued now). Generally speaking it’s three 6mm holes evenly spaced on a circle with diameter between 60-62mm. In other words, you’re better off measuring :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks everyone, especially Joel @MBS for taking your time and clearly detailing my above questions.

@moon What is bothering you above? i did reread myself but sometimes that doesn’t help lol.

I have them. i will check later. very similar to superstars i think.

That was my feeling. @torqueboards we need your bolt diagram. @MBS just uped their game with theirs haha.

2 Likes

Mainly what tyres work on the hubs

Saw that rockstars work only for 8 inch but they also work for 7"

Also it said trampa superstars/hypas work on 6 inch

I do want to test something though, does trampa urban treads and TB 6incher work on all 3.75" hubs?

3 Likes

Comparability

I use a double thrust bearing

The axle for this hubs are 10.00 mm and most boards use 8 mm or 9.525 mm
The other option to use this hubs are with SurfRodz trucks that uses a 10 mm Axle.
@Sender uses it on his board

BTW compatible with TB 6inch wheel.

Weight, I’ll check and edit here tomorrow.

Out of stock
I’ve been using it for the spring batch :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Is there some secret method I’m not aware of to dead easily put a belt+pulley+wheel on using shoulder bolts?

By dead simple I mean like, 5 seconds. That’s all it takes me for a fixed axle at this point.

Belt around motor pulley, put press fit pulley on axle, loop belt around, spin a few times, slap on wheel… Done.

Not so much for shoulder bolts. Tell me the secret, cause shoulder bolts are convenient as fuck aside from that.

I don’t know about belt drives but I do 35 seconds on a G-drive

3 Likes
3 Likes

My friend…

That is not a shoulder bolt :grimacing:

:joy:
For sure it is not
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

@Kaly

Let’s call them 438 grams

3 Likes

probably it came out from a scanner and needs some detailing work :smiley:

Nah it’s a normal drawing

2 Likes

I like those and they have a nice bolt pattern to attach a pulley. Some kind of 15T/100T should work just fine on those wheels. :grin:

This one has even a better bolt pattern and it’s cheap AF.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32950923656.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.7157d8648uqAYl&algo_pvid=38375444-bad9-476c-8e5e-b8faeed31427&algo_expid=38375444-bad9-476c-8e5e-b8faeed31427-14&btsid=0b0a182b15826738821581176e6355&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

2 Likes

It’s basically the same with a shoulder bolt.

Belt on motor pulley.
Put shoulder bolt through wheel and pulley.
Install shoulder bolt with wheel on it. Give wheel a turn to line up pulley.

I’ve never had an issue doing it quickly.

2 Likes

You forgot the part where all of your spacers decide to fuck off and jump into the black hole of esk8

4 Likes

I don’t tend to need many. My wheel pulleys hold like 3 bearings each. Eats up most of the extra axles. I try to just run speed Rings or a single spacer and speed Rings at most.

I added Evolve bolt schema.
@torqueboards would be good to get yours, or some one who has them check? @DerelictRobot?
Cheers

1 Like

A lot of chatter about Ernesto thinking ahead and going darkside (technically speaking - square / flat wheeled like a Porsche). This is very much the future for 4wheeled eboards. e-scooter pneumatic wheel adoption for eboards was kind of a transitionary period to begin with…

10 Likes