Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Ahh I thought that was the intended use for all hubs.

I still don’t think it would rub the tire when tightened but mbs would know best. If it is meant to be flush with the hub on rockstar 2 and pros what stops the tire from rubbing ? Would be nice if they had a photo installed.

Luckily standoffs are cheap and I have them on hand. Too bad I already have pulleys.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion guys. The pulleys will work with the FiveStar hubs. The main reason we don’t mention them on the site is that standard M4 pulley screws (60mm) aren’t long enough for the Fivestars. They require a 65mm screw. Once we have those screws we’ll update the description.

13 Likes

Great to see you guys moving in to the electric space. Keep up the awesome work :+1:

10 Likes

Just wondering if those wheels are available in the US?

1 Like

Sure, If you buy the board.

1 Like

@Chricious, what board? I’m just curious about the 105mm airless wheels with the blue rims. They might work for me and I’ve never seen them before.

The Teamgee H20T

2 Likes

Do haggy/bergmeisters tires fit on evolve hubs?

1 Like

No they don’t

3 Likes

Thanks to @ducktaperules who kindly made this a wiki and allowed me to fill missing information and reformat it as I am known to do well, eh @BillGordon? :rofl:

There is still some info that is not acquirable so I will address that now

|

@Kaly

• What does it mean on your website that your hubs are only compatible with your Trucks?
  • What is the weight per hub?
  • Why are they out of stock and so damn gorgeous :slightly_smiling_face:

|

@Psychotiller What is the weight per hub?

|

@MBS

• why is the recommended psi 50 for the rock star pro & II if they can be used at 80psi. Any particular reason?

|

@Trampa

• What plastic material is used in the hypas & superstar. Some sort of nylon? DuPont is not really a material, it’s more of a brand name.

|

@torqueboards

• What is the weight per hub?

|

I think that is it? i might have forgotten one or 2 things. A reformat like this takes me about 1h30 to 2h work :sweat_smile:

Cheers

4 Likes

I happen to be curious, are evolve and torqueboard AT wheels similar in shape and bolt pattern?

1 Like

Does anyone know the bolt pattern of evolve hubs?

3 Likes

There is a lot of information in the thread that looks wrong but I can’t confirm. Tried to fix it just now but if someone is more experienced feel free to correct.

4 Likes

Yes they are similar but not same.

But they look great on an Evolve though.

3 Likes

@PixelatedPolyeurthan great job tidying up :grin: thanks

3 Likes

Thanks for putting this together and including us. It’s awesome.
50 psi actually comes from the rating of our original custom tire, the T1. We just conservatively spec’d our hubs the same because we didn’t want people accidentally over-inflating their tires just because the hub said it could handle it (as you mentioned in your opening post). You’d think that would be obvious, but… you might be surprised.

As suggested, from a practical perspective the RSII can handle 80psi, and RS Pro (alum) even higher, but our official ratings will probably remain at 50psi until we release some suitable high pressure tires. Then we’ll just do our best to make sure people inflate according to the lower of the two max pressure specs listed for the tire vs. the hub.

As you listed, the Fivestar max truly is 50psi. The material is a little different. I’m in the process of changing that, but for now assume 50psi.

9 Likes

By the way, the official spec of our hole pattern is 5 holes evenly spaced on a 80.3mm diameter circle. MBS RS HUB DIMS - A4.PDF (64.3 KB)

22 Likes

Yes, @ducktaperules and @PixelatedPolyeurthan did an awesome job with this. Thanks for adding to the info!

5 Likes

Do you by chance have that drawing for a Tri-Spoke Hub?

1 Like

@BluPenguin is it just me… or is this an extremely strange technical drawing…?