PEVComponents.com - Colorful, Customizable, and Unique PEV parts!

Yup, these tail lights are very bright.

5 Likes

Congrats on getting it up and running mate. Apologies if i didn’t see it in there, but do the tail lights also run off the board voltage?

1 Like

Just saying, you could pretty easily make a mounting system for the tail lights that fits any drivetrain - make a mounting bracket that goes between the motor and drivetrain motor mount. Theres four bolts already there used to mount the motor that are guaranteed to be a consistent sizing, and its a secure spot for it. I’d recommend doing lasercut aluminum and then press breaking it to form a usable bracket.

3 Likes

Do the mounts for the c8 lights fit the street drives, AT drives, or both?

Also there is minimal information posted about the brake light ability of them. Would it be possible to make a demo video to show us those modes?

1 Like

Ah it seems I did miss that. No, they have an internal battery charged by micro usb. (ugh I know) but they last a really long time, and since I don’t ride at night a ton I usually only had to charge them like twice a month, maybe?

This is indeed an amazing idea. Someone mentioned this at Carve, not sure if it was you or not, but thank you for re-iterating! This is excellent, with the only downsides being some possible compatibility issues with screw length. However, since the headlights are so light, I could probably do 0.063 sheet metal with a single bend or something like that. I think most motor screws could handle that.

AT drives only at this time. I do not have any street M1 mounted up, so I haven’t been able to mock em up.

Sure, I’ll try to get a demo clip posted up tonight! I usually leave mine on solid, and then the “motion sensing” thing makes them brighter on braking (most of the time lol)

3 Likes

I’d love to see a bit more detail on the QS base, to see if I can mount it at a 30 degree angle atop this contraption:

Alpine skateboard - DIY Builds - esk8.news: DIY Electric Skateboard Forums

Theoretically I’m working on a battery box for it, but realistically I’m mostly just cursing at bugs and not-quite-bugs in FreeCad. Your battery box just might get me moving forward again.

2 Likes

Posted on here or elsewhere like website or YouTube?

1 Like

Hmmm - Well, the piece that attaches to the deck is a beam-like dogbone, with three M6 holes spaced at 55mm apart, with an ideal supported width of 110mm and ideal supported length of around 200mm.

You’d probably want to bolt a metal plate or something like that to the center frame of your board before using the QS system. I can send some pics in telegram if you have it

I’ll post it in a reply to this soon. Uploading a private link on YT

1 Like

So was looking around trying to understand why they’re 12-80v lights thinking maybe thay have an inbuilt buck converter or some sort of current limitation LED. Ended up in wiring suggestions I don’t understand why you sergest a double pole switch when a single pole would work the same.

Only thing I could think of useing a DODT is if you wanted High beam and low beam or switch to Low Beam only by wiring like this

Nice battery enclosures, also huge props to the long time coming everything looks mint.

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean you can wire them however you want. Some people don’t like the yellow color of the low beam, some people like both.

It’s really up to the end user to decide. Double pole makes it easier to solder because you have two leads.

Your second idea there is a nice alternate. Together plus low beam makes sense

1 Like

Thank you! I have put a lot of time into it. Hopefully it all works out well haha

Solid effort here, bruv :clap: LOVE the lighting solutions. I’ll def be grabbing some in the near future! Good luck on the venture :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing more out there

2 Likes

Here’s a short tail light demo video

I’ll put a better one on the website eventually but this’ll do for the moment (still processing)

6 Likes

Sup yall, just posted an update in my Big Beems thread, but wanted to come here to add some more information about other upcoming developments.

I have completed C8 tail light mount designs for the Apex Jump Drives, and those will be posted to the site soon under the C8 mount product.

Additionally, I’m testing Onsra TKP C8 mounts and those will be posted soon as well.

I’m working on a lot of things at once, but will be looking to release the ESCHome fully very soon. After getting the prototype metal baseplates, I realized that a couple of the hole patterns were off by just a tad, so I’ll need to fix those up and get the real batch ordered up.

ESCHome Modern has gone out to a couple beta users, and will release a while after ESCHome Industrial.

2 Likes

Been loving my Ryan lights

9 Likes

The output from the BEEMS is impressive. Shocked by how stable the pattern is, almost looks like it’s mounted to your helmet.

1 Like

Yeah they basically make it ridable in most places without a flashlight. The beam pattern is really nice, its flat, rather than being a round spot.

2 Likes