BIG BEEMS: Micro Suns Powered by Board Voltage! (SRO)

I might just make my own that will allow for my weird mounting angle. Once your other ones are released and get an idea for it ill take a shot at it

That’s totally an option as well. You can buy the lights without a mount at all - they actually have a couple mounting points. The one I use is the base M6 bolt

Would love to see what you come up with, if you end up doing it, feel free to share here. What kind of weird mounting angle?

im doing front mounted motors in the front which is a bit less common. It is also on a flux deck so that combination would be a bit uncommon id think

Well, technically, the BN drives only mount in one position now, I think. They would be the same as other BN 4wd setups, of which, there are probably like 3 in the world haha

yeah lol. I have my trucks facing the opposite way so that im able to mount some other stuff but im running at 0 degree so im trying to see if I can get it to work

1 Like

Update for those that have outstanding orders! They should ship on Friday, including @itsrow

Had some assembly issues that had to be iterated and fixed, fitment of all the light mounts should be great now.

Total angle options for the light mounts are as follows:
4 deg down
9 deg down

2 deg up
4 deg up
9 deg up

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure why but I suddenly thought of installing these on my Tayto rebuild since I want integrated lights on it anyway.

1 Like

Haha might be tough fitting them with clearance like that

They might hit the deck, depending on your truck setup

Its that time of year so ordered a set.

3 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

What’s up yall! Quick update on the lights, I’ve been working on a few mount designs, and I’m happy to be bringing support to the following trucks, starting next week:

Newbee RTKP
Fatboy Finality Channel Trucks (Incl finality drive versions)
Kaly NYC Channel Trucks
Trampa Precision Vertigo

This brings the total up to 14 trucks! Soon, I will also be bringing support to Rosita trucks from Hoyt (Tabor support), and I’m still working on Trampa IR truck support. Technically, the design for the IR is done but it’s a hard one to test without having them on hand.

Let me know what trucks you want me to support next!

Finality:

Kaly:

4 Likes

Oh also, super edge case here, but I will be supporting 4wd Apex Jump Drives. I’ve got a set on @Sobrik3t that is in testing, once it’s done, they’ll be posted on the site as a separate listing.

Interestingly, the first version I made was only compatible with 8-inch tires (not 9-inch) due to where I placed them. Now, I did think the 8-inch version was a bit more protected (pictured below) since it sat behind the wheel line, but for the 9-inch ones, the lights do stick out a bit further.

Also pictured here: metal ESCHome baseplate prototypes

3 Likes

I should have posted this in here:

5 Likes

Big beem? No, ryanLights™

4 Likes

Soo, any plans to make them fit Sabres claw mounts or gopro attachments? I want to mount one in the middle instead of on the truck hangars

Great idea, haven’t gotten to it yet because in my opinion, plastic is not strong enough for a gopro prong set

I haven’t secured a factory yet for the metal parts of my enclosures, but once I do I will definitely make a gopro mount for it.

I think there may be some out there already that might be able to work with an adapter though, I’ll look into it. Maybe some kind of universal gopro attachment that I could then attach to - if that makes sense.

2 Likes

A dry day and a commute day finally lined up so that I could take my RyanLights TM for a spin. Worked great for board mounted lights. Didn’t need a flashlight.

4 Likes

Awesome to see you got em mounted up! Nice!

@ShutterShock is there any chance of you developing an anti sink plate style mount?

I’d like to use these on a board with savage tkps and imagine there’d be more demand for a universal mount rather than a savage tkp specific mount.

1 Like

Definitely plans, I made a prototype a while ago, but haven’t developed it further.

Going to work on my products again soon, sort of back burnered it for a bit while I’ve been racing

3 Likes