BIG BEEMS: Micro Suns Powered by Board Voltage! (SRO)

It is very similar but rounded instead of being a more geometric shape. The size/overall width of the 184mm BN hangers is the same as the Caliber III s with the only difference being slightly shorter axles.

Photo of the difference in shape:

The flat section/bottom of the BN looks to be 12mm (I don’t have calipers) while the Caliber is exactly 12mm. If they don’t list the detailed specs for the trucks online I can get other measurements if needed or at least attempt to get them.

I don’t trust myself not to trip over anything mounted on the top of my boards :rofl:

If they can’t work with smaller trucks then it isn’t a huge deal since there is so much light pollution you don’t need lights to see the road. Just would be nice to have when driving near cars at night so I can see better after being blinded by headlights

1 Like

The temptation was too great. Ordered. I’ll have to make my own mount for the tail lights to suit jump drives tho… maybe i can integrate a handle somehow :thinking:

4 Likes

Thanks for your support! I have Kyle’s board here that I was going to use to develop jump drive mounts for the tail lights. Two motor bolts are great prospective options - as I stated before, if you’re willing to wait a little bit (at least till next Fri for shipping), I may be able to get you a first prototype of the tail light mounts for jump drives

If you want to design one yourself, feel free. The tail lights come with the pre-made quick-releases too so it shouldn’t be too difficult to reverse engineer for you

… a much easier task than designing the Beems mounts for 4wd lol - there’s like no room. Still scratching my head about it

1 Like

Release party at Ryan’s :tada::champagne::confetti_ball:

1 Like

All good my dude, i’ll have a crack at the design, def want to make some type of handle anyway, so integrating the lights could be kinda cool… or impossible :rofl:

Be sure to show us what you come up with, sounds really neat!

2 Likes

Will do :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I look forward to you servicing me as well.

All kidding aside, congrats on your new venture. Great to see another known quality guy hang a shingle in esk8!

5 Likes

These look great! Do you know of anyones who’s retro fitted them with Lacroix’s built in wiring and sentinel for their front light setup?

Id imagine ordering the same connector they use and wiring them up would make them very close to a plug and play solution. Since their lights are extremely fragile and honestly not very great.

1 Like

Lmao thanks Bill. I will do my best

1 Like

I have everything required to do this. As seen in the pictures I have installed them on a barrel, but I decided for that one to hard wire them into the wiring harness rather than use the sentinel, since the barrel doesn’t have wiring in place anyway.

On one of the big boards, you can wire right into it. If you were able to source the connectors the Lacroix lights use, you could honestly just plug them right in but you’d still have to put a switch in line so it would take a little bit extra work, but at least the power leads would already be mostly in place.

I can’t speak to the quality of the Lacroix lights but mine fell off my board in the very first design and tumbled down the street at 25mph. That was a year ago and they’re still running on my board

I think I’m gonna order some lights as well. Don’t see any mounts for my trucks though.
(Good stuff bro)

1 Like

Thanks! I would love to support your trucks! Send me some dimensions and I’ll get it sorted out.

Telegram probs easiest. I mostly need profile, angle of hanger, and horizontal space available. How wide are the Savage TKP?

2 Likes

250mm. I’ll telegram you the details on the trucks. For my use, I’ll cobble something up.
Also, have you considered making these work with @SabreDynamics claw mounts? That might be cool.

3 Likes

Sure thing - I haven’t, that’s an interesting idea. I’ve never seen a claw mount around here though besides @rusins at carve last year I think

2 Likes

Most likely, I will machine a piece to go under my Davega to hold two of your lights.

1 Like

I’ve actually made a davega mount for them it’s just like an alpha prototype lol

Will be interested to see what you come up with

1 Like

Yes so much yes

1 Like

Any chance for some -10 or -11 degree risers for the lights? On my BN270s @ 40 deg the lights are about 12 degrees downwards with the -1.5 deg risers and I don’t really want to 3d model the rail system. Otherwise the lights are killer.

2 Likes

Ah shoot haha I should have double checked what angle you were running at. They’re modeled for 50 degrees default.

I can definitely whip some up but shipping is gonna be a lot again

Let me look at it tonight and see if I can do a padded envelope for ya

1 Like