PEVComponents.com - Colorful, Customizable, and Unique PEV parts!

Greetings Friends! Believe it or not, this post has been two years in the making! Ever since I started my YouTube channel, and eventually went on to build my electric mountainboard, I’ve wanted to sell my components online, providing awesome unique parts that have been tested and proven in the field.

As a massive supporter of 3D printing, it shares a huge part of the products that I offer, but true to my bottom line, everything will always be tested before it hits the market. If there’s anything you can trust from my shop, I want it to be that. I’ve always seen 3D printing as a very unique and high-tech way to iterate and design parts. I’ve been designing parts for 3D printing for over 8 years now, including select parts for professional work. I wholeheartedly believe that design, material choice, and printing expertise can be combined to make excellent products that last for the majority of people.

That being said, let me introduce my website!

Logo and branding are subject to change, but I’ve been working on the website for months now, including all of the design, product photography, optimization, product backend, blah blah blah.

It’s been quite the journey, and while I’ve enjoyed it, I’m glad to finally share it with everyone! Some of you in the community have seen it before, whether it be through offering beta testing opportunities, or just showing off some of my products. Thanks so much to those of you who have provided feedback, helped me test things, and had faith in me since the beginning. Especially shoutout to @bboybowzer who has been patient and served as my very first customer for my beta testing enclosures, providing me great feedback and always pumping me up.

Anyway, what will I be offering?

CellHome:
The Cell Home series of enclosures provides a customizable and colorful option with a unique design and spacious interior for cells! The Cell Home series will be offered in two variants to start, the Industrial variant, with sharp lines and external screw reinforcement, and the Modern variant, with smooth walls, rounded corners, and another unique style.

Both the Industrial and Modern variants will have “Mini” variants as well, providing smaller capacity with a smaller footprint, for both jumper builds, or smaller decks. All of the details for these enclosures will be provided via posting in the near future, but for now, you can check them out on the website!

CHQS (CellHome Quick-Swap):
This unique design allows you to both keep your enclosure securely on your deck, and also remove it in a matter of seconds. This quick swap system makes it easy to carry an extra battery in your backpack, have multiple voltage packs, or have a board where you switch between a short-range jumper pack, and a big ol 12sYesp pack. (CellHome supports up to 12s8p ~96 cells at this time)

CHQS1.0 will be revealed in a post of its own in the near future, once the enclosures are being fully sold.

ESCHome:
Similar to the battery enclosures, the ESC Home will have two variants, ESCHome Industrial, and ESCHome Modern. Many of you are familiar with ESCHome and CellHome Industrial, as I’ve had it on my Bakugo Mountainboard build since its inception, iterating as I learned more and tested more.

There are a number of these out in the wild, some in SD and some in other areas, including the one on my board. My ESCHome has been keeping my DV6 safe for years now, and I hope that it can do the same for others.

More details for the ESCHome will come in the near future! Please note the ESCHome Modern photo is a prototype and the final version’s lid will not deflect upon screw tightening.

Board Lighting:
I’m super excited for this one, and will be launching this first! You’ll see the associated post linked here, for my BIG BEEM headlights, a brand new micro-sun to illuminate your paths!

BIG BEEM Headlights:
BIG BEEM headlights bring a unique option to the DIY community that has been desired for a long time. Finally, you can power your lights straight off the board battery, WITHOUT a buck converter! Not only does this make it really easy to set up, it also saves space, and means you don’t ever have to worry about charging your headlights in addition to your board. Read more in the forum post below!

SMOL BEEM Headlights:
These are still in the early testing phase and are subject to change. The goal with these is to provide a cheap battery-powered option for people to use on my pre-made hanger mounts, or on boards where it’s not easy to obtain board-battery-level power. No pics of these yet as I’m still working with samples.

C8 Tail Lights:
These motion-sensing tail lights sport a super long run time, and make it really easy for cars to see you from behind. With these lights, you’ll have a modular design that allows you to switch them between boards, or attach them where you like using the default from-factory elastic bands. These lights have built-in batteries with a fairly long run time, are water resistant rated, and are charged using the included micro-usb cable.

I’ve designed a mount for these tail lights to be used on the Boardnamics Gear Drives, and I’m proud to say that both @MichaelWA and @haven have been loving theirs! I’m still working on permanent-style mounting for Newbee, 4wd, and Apex Jump Drives, but those aren’t done yet.

The C8 tail lights are available for purchase today, in combination with either Boardnamics or Exway Ace gear drive mounts.

There are some other categories on my website at this time, but I will reply to this post as I see fit when I want to announce them fully. This thread is mainly to provide a place for discussion, feedback, or product requests! If there are some changes you want to see or new product offerings you’d like to see in my shop, feel free to ask!

My webshop is based out of San Diego and will service mainly the United States, but I will be looking into how to ship internationally, I just haven’t had any experience with it up to this point. I’ve also named the website appropriately as I’d like to not limit myself to only providing to the esk8 crowd. I’d love to eventually see my lights on scooters or bikes, provide pads for EUC’s and provide whatever services that seem interesting to me!

Before anyone asks, all of my files for my mounting designs and enclosures are closed source and I will not provide files upon request. I have worked many long hours iterating and designing these parts, and while I respect open source for what it is, these are not open source. If I release some open-source files in the future (I do intend to), they will be clearly marked and will conform with all open-source rules including providing a GitHub link.

23 Likes

Nice work :metal:

3 Likes

very nice!

1 Like

Yup, these tail lights are very bright.

5 Likes

Congrats on getting it up and running mate. Apologies if i didn’t see it in there, but do the tail lights also run off the board voltage?

1 Like

Just saying, you could pretty easily make a mounting system for the tail lights that fits any drivetrain - make a mounting bracket that goes between the motor and drivetrain motor mount. Theres four bolts already there used to mount the motor that are guaranteed to be a consistent sizing, and its a secure spot for it. I’d recommend doing lasercut aluminum and then press breaking it to form a usable bracket.

3 Likes

Do the mounts for the c8 lights fit the street drives, AT drives, or both?

Also there is minimal information posted about the brake light ability of them. Would it be possible to make a demo video to show us those modes?

1 Like

Ah it seems I did miss that. No, they have an internal battery charged by micro usb. (ugh I know) but they last a really long time, and since I don’t ride at night a ton I usually only had to charge them like twice a month, maybe?

This is indeed an amazing idea. Someone mentioned this at Carve, not sure if it was you or not, but thank you for re-iterating! This is excellent, with the only downsides being some possible compatibility issues with screw length. However, since the headlights are so light, I could probably do 0.063 sheet metal with a single bend or something like that. I think most motor screws could handle that.

AT drives only at this time. I do not have any street M1 mounted up, so I haven’t been able to mock em up.

Sure, I’ll try to get a demo clip posted up tonight! I usually leave mine on solid, and then the “motion sensing” thing makes them brighter on braking (most of the time lol)

3 Likes

I’d love to see a bit more detail on the QS base, to see if I can mount it at a 30 degree angle atop this contraption:

Alpine skateboard - DIY Builds - esk8.news: DIY Electric Skateboard Forums

Theoretically I’m working on a battery box for it, but realistically I’m mostly just cursing at bugs and not-quite-bugs in FreeCad. Your battery box just might get me moving forward again.

2 Likes

Posted on here or elsewhere like website or YouTube?

1 Like

Hmmm - Well, the piece that attaches to the deck is a beam-like dogbone, with three M6 holes spaced at 55mm apart, with an ideal supported width of 110mm and ideal supported length of around 200mm.

You’d probably want to bolt a metal plate or something like that to the center frame of your board before using the QS system. I can send some pics in telegram if you have it

I’ll post it in a reply to this soon. Uploading a private link on YT

1 Like

So was looking around trying to understand why they’re 12-80v lights thinking maybe thay have an inbuilt buck converter or some sort of current limitation LED. Ended up in wiring suggestions I don’t understand why you sergest a double pole switch when a single pole would work the same.

Only thing I could think of useing a DODT is if you wanted High beam and low beam or switch to Low Beam only by wiring like this

Nice battery enclosures, also huge props to the long time coming everything looks mint.

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean you can wire them however you want. Some people don’t like the yellow color of the low beam, some people like both.

It’s really up to the end user to decide. Double pole makes it easier to solder because you have two leads.

Your second idea there is a nice alternate. Together plus low beam makes sense

1 Like

Thank you! I have put a lot of time into it. Hopefully it all works out well haha

Solid effort here, bruv :clap: LOVE the lighting solutions. I’ll def be grabbing some in the near future! Good luck on the venture :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing more out there

2 Likes

Here’s a short tail light demo video

I’ll put a better one on the website eventually but this’ll do for the moment (still processing)

6 Likes

Sup yall, just posted an update in my Big Beems thread, but wanted to come here to add some more information about other upcoming developments.

I have completed C8 tail light mount designs for the Apex Jump Drives, and those will be posted to the site soon under the C8 mount product.

Additionally, I’m testing Onsra TKP C8 mounts and those will be posted soon as well.

I’m working on a lot of things at once, but will be looking to release the ESCHome fully very soon. After getting the prototype metal baseplates, I realized that a couple of the hole patterns were off by just a tad, so I’ll need to fix those up and get the real batch ordered up.

ESCHome Modern has gone out to a couple beta users, and will release a while after ESCHome Industrial.

2 Likes