Park board… possible?

Would it be possible to make a electric park board? So either a cruiser deck or a popsicle deck? It would be an interesting build…

With no real purpose or reason…

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for this, I know people have done it, but I’m more talking about a board that I could actually ride the bowl with.

1 Like

Yeah you can get 60mm hubs on 150mm TKP trucks

It wouldn’t be good for the motors or battery long term but yeah shouldn’t be an issue

1 Like

The extreme shock of landing might be problematic for batteries and maybe ESCs. It’d have to be super robust. Potted in epoxy maybe?

2 Likes

I’m not going to be doing tricks and stuff. I’m more want a board that I can drop in a ride on the inside of the bowl.

It sounds like this was a DIWHY kinda thing, my real intent was to see if that would work because I’m going to be making a board to commute to the bus stop, so a small board would be good.

the hoyt bo’oger skatepark edition is coming soon and should be a good inspiration

7 Likes

You can probably do that with the Blue One. As long you don’t have any super hard landings.

Also want to throw in the Bustin Yoface hybrid. Basically a long-ish skateboard, and people definitely do skateboard things with it.

4 Likes

@jack.luis Do you have pictures/links/video of Warren beating up his board lol

1 Like

There isn’t much he hasn’t done to this thing. We’re still in the process of making them stronger.

4 Likes

something like this?

1 Like

I don’t think you could drop in with that, the motors would be in the way

Direct drive would be too wide so you’re stuck with forward mounting or hubs

1 Like

Electric wrong boarding, but for real hoy and Bustin have something like that. I am on the side that you should just use an electric board to get to the park and carry a popsicle deck on your back and just pump the bowl.

That and there would be no need to drop in if you have motors, if you are really determined it seems like a mountain board with straps is the only way to conquer a skatepark with esk8

Agree, seems rather logical.

I’d strongly disagree here. What if you want to skate in a skatepark? A mountainboard with straps seems like a whole different experience. There may be pros and cons to both. Such as, it seems like folks would be a lot more itchy to issue general bans on e-mountainboards inside their park, whereas esk8 could likely blend in a lot nicer.

Look at this guy
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLltpdGFFN4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Best videos of esk8 in skatepark imo

3 Likes

I’ve been working on a little something something.

3 Likes

Emtbs at skate parks for the win.

@NullBlox does some good park work

6 Likes