OSRR - A High Performance Open Source Racing Remote for ESK8 - [LEGACY}

I tried hard with pro mode on my phone but still not quite :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

You captured it quite nicely!

I assume speedometer is now reporting accurately? If not-

The configuration webapp can be launched by holding the trigger in full reverse when you power on the remote. At that point just search for the WiFi AP it starts broadcasting on your phone, connect, and you’ll see a dialogue pop-up to ‘login to the wifi network’. Follow that and it will bring you to the configuration menu webpage.

4 Likes

Yep speed is accurate now and second UART port is working too!

The wifi app only showed up the first time I tried. Now I have to open it with 10.5.5.5 in any browser but thats ok. (android 10 samsung S10plus)

The O in the display - does it stand for Odometer?

Really I never felt that confident on any other thumbwheel. Throttle, Brake, Throttle… normally I have to reposition my thumb in between but not with the OSRR. This Milspec wheel is just perfect and so smooth. Hoyt is great - this is better!

5 Likes

@DerelictRobot Are you testing that Fanstel 840 already? I am looking for a good transceiver/mcu chip but have a hard time finding one. Seeing you talk about this chip and trampa using makes it look like it’s a good option.

I plan on improving the FireFly Nano, that one works with 920 Mhz LoRa, I have never had dropouts but not a fully stable connection either.

2 Likes

this is because if the polarizer used on the display.

1 Like

I’m testing & using the Fanstel 840F for the OSRR 1.0 Pro hardware. OSRR-D will use an Xbee3. Both are similar in performance.

Trampa wand uses a module based on the same NRF SoC (52840) but they use a module from Rigado (now uBlox I believe).

The 840F Fanstel module has a stronger antenna design and a bit higher power tx/rx as a result. So far all my testing has shown great results in reliability/performance of link budget.

9 Likes

2 Likes

Looks good! The 840F doesn’t even have an external antenna, has it?

Might use this one too then! Are you using 802.15.4?

2 Likes

Missed this! No it does not, but they have variants with them if you’re into that kinda thing.

I am using ESB on the remote side and multi-protocol ESB & BLE5 on the receiver side.

8 Likes

Your profile pic is stupid

6 Likes

Your face is stupid.

15 Likes

Wait… His profile pic is his face?

8 Likes

Oh no. The transition into vendor has begun. It starts small with a logo, but next thing you know he will be telling us to stop vendor bashing Mike Beard because quote “Shipping and fulfillment is hard you guys.”

I, for one, support this metamorphosis Andrew. Especially if it means that you can sell me an OSRR sooner :wink:

15 Likes

It’s “Mr. Dresner” now.

11 Likes

I’m gonna go tell his CEO he’s being rude.

@DerelictRobot your employee Andrew is rude and a racist toward Texans. Just thought I should let you know that you have someone like that working for you.

9 Likes

Hey… im with @DerelictRobot. Fuck texans…(that dont Esk8)

8 Likes

7 Likes

his name is @SeanHacker

4 Likes

@Bobby I had parentheses blindness for a second, and thought,
…oh, We cool, we cool.

@DerelictRobot think you might have these for sale beyond betamales come Portland time frame? :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I’m going to shoot for March/April.

Delays have happened on a few fronts but it’s all for the greater good.

4 Likes