OSRR - A High Performance Open Source Racing Remote for ESK8 - [LEGACY}

We literally just finished the battery, only waiting on @torqueboards for motors and this canary will sing

7 Likes

Got anymore dumb excuses?

Go bleed for science already.

(See what you guys have to look forward to in the beta?)

5 Likes

I’ll be following this with interest. Last in line of a long queue of Aussie volunteer testers no doubt.

1 Like

Your willingness to put yourself in danger puts you to the top of the list.

I won’t sell one to @Dareno for the same reasons I won’t help Grandma use Facebook.

9 Likes

I’ve got my daily ride ready to slot it into when you’re ready. Oh, and thanks.

4 Likes

Shit man for christ sake I have a feeling you know.

8 Likes

I’m still insulted that you would call that a dowry.

Try again old man

3 Likes

Leave my baby out of this.

3 Likes

It’s either me or @Grozniy and you know he’s gonna skimp out on the nursing home.

C’mon now~

5 Likes

I think you assumptions on @Dareno are incorrect…that crazy bastard races cars and gets mad when HE wins (they didnt try hard enough).

4 Likes

I think my assumptions about @Dareno speak towards my daddy issues more than it says anything about him.

6 Likes

11 Likes

Beta development efforts are more or less done beyond testing. I’m building out road-test ready prototypes over the next few weeks and sending off for 0.9/1.0 beta hardware by the end of the month.

In a week or so I’ll update you guys with a more complete summary of the new features & updates coming to the OSRR 1.0 release. The glorious thumbwheel stays, but we’ve got some new options with it now.

Obligatory dong

21 Likes

21 Likes

OSRR or a Harry(Jason) Potter Phoenix Wand(H(J)PPW)? :thinking:

2 Likes

Sorry this was ages ago but i laughed real hard. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

8 Likes

Finally… finished…

I could only make a very short ride around the house but the osrr throttle wheel is the best shit ever! :heart_eyes:

These are the extra large stator TBDDs :sweat_smile:

Question: I never used an UART port for anything else than metr pro. On the flipsky 6.6 dual plus only one of them is working with the osrr/metr pro (master uart). Any ideas what I am doing wrong to get the second uart port working?

And the osrr display shows double the speed I am doing I guess. It should be configured for TBDD, vesc, 110mm wheels (did not upgrade the osrr firmware yet) vesc settings are correct.

7 Likes

You likely need to go into the app config on the second ESC and enable UART for the control method. By default it is not enabled on the slave ESC.

When I get back to a computer I’ll sit down and double-check what settings I programmed into yours. The remote is just interpreting the raw encoder data and interpreting it into speed & odometer, so possible settings are incorrect on the remote.

The firmware has had several major revisions since I shipped your beta remote though, one of which enables you to change the configuration via webapp that the remote self-hosts.

Give me a bit and I’ll double check some things, more info on the firmware updates in the Private beta group.

PS: Build looks great! I’m testing those XL DDs myself.

PPS: OSRR 1.0 development is coming along, but I am pretty slammed at the moment with a research project that had its’ deadline pushed up by 3 months. Shooting for a late feb-early march release realistically, but have some good news coming on options.

5 Likes

Thanks Andrew, I can do a firmware upgrade anyway!

I know the slave vesc is on “no app” at the moment, will try UART. Metr pro can connect on it but receives no telemetry so far.

I am in for the 1.0 for sure! :+1:

oh and btw.

2 Likes