Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Can I run BLDC on a focbox unity? That’s the dealbreaker, I love BLDC :smiley:

I don’t have one, but since it’s basically just a vesc, and their software is (to my limited knowledge) just a skinned version of vesc tool, you should be able to.

1 Like

You may need to use the non-unity version of vesc tool though.

Well I am a bit dumb sometimes so I need your help.

• I was changing my evolve connectors on the motor and esc and I forgot to take a picture to know which phase wires connects to which one.
    The motor has black, yellow, Red and the wires from the Esc green, blue, yellow.
    Can someone with an evolve board or the knowledge tell me?
    Paging @b264 @Hogyoku @Posterduck

• also I did not think this as a problem at the time.
    The evolve esc uses an mt30 and 18awg wires, is it an issue to change the connector to an mr60 and wires to 16awg?

Cheers

1 Like

Hey @MBS, is there a metal baseplate option for the original matrix trucks?

Or @NoWind do you make one?

Or @IDEA?

make sure you use this new pcb for your lipo builds :grinning:

Sorry for highjackin
Peace
Sorry @mynamesmatt i took the false link on here first. Fixed that. :hugs:

2 Likes

:joy: thank you :rofl:

1 Like
1 Like

Sometimes when I press the “reply” button on a post, the text box comes up and it shows the person I am replying to in the top of the text box, but when hit the orange “reply” button in the text box my post is not posted as a reply. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? On mobile, if that matters.

(P.S. take a shot every time I say “post” or “reply” :joy:)

This is normal if the person you are replying to is the last post, for example right now i am “replying” to you but it won’t show your profile pic on the top right because you are the last post. If i replied to @Venom121212 then it will show that i am replying to him since there are posts in between your reply and the original comment

5 Likes

Awesome, makes total sense, thank you so much! I got a notification from your reply to me, so that answers my follow up question.

1 Like

I love being made an example of…

1 Like

Are the matrix pro and matrix II baseplates functionally the same? They look like they could be…

1 Like

I’ve thought about it a lot but never had matrix pros to test with. I think it will.

The 2 red arrow bolts take up the spring holes but are holding up the green arrow bar that holds the shock blocks in place. If you remove that bar and those bolts, it looks very similar.

Also makes me wonder why they went away from that, to nylon, and then to a different metal design…

@mbs can you confirm?

1 Like

Purple ESC goes to black
Green ESC goes to yellow
Yellow ESC goes to red

2 Likes

Wtf purple?
Hang on I’ll dm

It’s a good thing! :heart:

1 Like

to put a fuse inbetween the charge port or not

2 Likes

So this is correct (still need to test) for those in need of this answer in the future :blush:
Thanks @Posterduck

What creates “waves” when you solder? Is it bad?

Probs to much also lol :grin:

4 Likes