Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

This is the old 6.6 Dual, it does not have an antispark. :slight_smile:
Not sure how to interpret your recommendation - I have tried dis and re-connecting power after the flash (though not immediately after).

The ESC does seem to work (motor and remote setup all good and work as expected) despite the potentially broken bootloader. both FW also read 3.102.
Edit: wrong, master (the problem-free side) has FW 3.103, while slave (the problem child has FW 3.102.
Should I downgrade master or is it fine to have different FW?

The problem (root cause might be related to the non-working FW upgrade) seems to go deeper:

• The Input App settings did not transfer to the slave ESC (incl. remote band mapping). I had to manually transfer those to the slave side (as the input wizzard did nothing).
    Edit:
  • Metr Pro: Setting updates (Modes) only get applied to the side it is connected (master or slave)
  • Metr Pro: master side shows random voltage between 40 and 60

Dual CAN is enabled on the FSESC 6.6
I understand why Brian hates duals now.

2 Likes

@visnu777 , I donā€™t think itā€™s cracked all the way thru yetā€¦ but fuck, it needs completely sanded and epoxied. I really donā€™t have the dough to drop on systems west w/e epoxying shit right nowā€¦ Why has every integrated deck done this to me.

I need to epoxy and frit the thing in one fell swoop. @sender , do you have any fancy ideas for a wood stain and frit color/combo for a bare rocket deck? If youā€™ve been holding back any flamboyantly gay frit fetishes/ideas, lemme know & Iā€™ll go deep w/em.

@Arzamenable , you know how youā€™d put a single layer of kapton over bearings outer race if theyā€™re fitting loose in the seat? I donā€™t really even understand the physics of how, but mine are totally backing out on me. I even made sure to thoroughly degrease/clean outer races and hub seats.

Is it just trying to run away from my shitty skate skills? Are they secretly dried out strips of ManBun McGee trying to make their escape? Given the fact these specific hubs are a polymer, is a fine brushing/layer of cyanoacrylate (dried before putting bearings in, obv.) along the circumference of the bearing seat the better option to fix a loose fit?

Why doesnā€™t this forum let me space things better, is it Reddit?

2 Likes

Is that the lid?

Nah, this is the main body. I have a few splits in the lid too from swelling because it didnā€™t come sealed. Main body appeared to be somewhat sealed.

Here are pics of it bare

Iā€™d be cool with any ideas of a stain and epoxy for the main body, and just epoxy and frit for the lidā€¦ literally anything. I just donā€™t actually want to go through the autism of thinking exactly how Iā€™d love it to be. Donā€™t have the brain cells for that right now tbh. I thought Iā€™d have a lot more time before I had a serious issue with the deck splitting to think things overā€¦

I could probably smear it with some charcoal so it will match my black hoodie with my black helmet and my black pants along with the blackened bamboo from too many asphalt shit eatings on my Hoyt puck

1 Like

If no one answered. YouTube is owned by google, probably just not playing nice with Firefox. You can only watch 4K in chrome and things like that now too

I atleast found out that iā€™m limited to 1080p throught the Youtube+ Addon. If i disable it i get up to 4k. (interested in 1440p)

2 Likes

@BluPenguin pls gib most basic writeup on RC steering damper you used. Donut b :speak_no_evil:

Iā€™ll shield you from the heathens who trash talk DKP

1 Like

Does the BMS limit the max voltage of charge? I recently built a 10s4p NESE battery with a different bms. My charger now stops at 40V. Same charger would go up to 42V on my other battery. I checked and it is balance well with all groups 4 or 4.1v.

1 Like

Wait. Fuckballs.

If itā€™s at a point of already cracking, is just epoxy (and clamping that area) enough? Or do I have to go straight to fiberglass now. If I have to fiber, I guess bottom stain is out of the questionā€¦

Has anyone had experience with this kit, especialy the trucks?

Some do

2 Likes

Fiberglass can wet out to the point that itā€™s practically invisible. You could do a stain and then fiberglass over it.

4 Likes

sorry for the delay, i just want to close the loop on this. thanks for the tip

hot diggity great score for $100 new in box

can someone let me know what app to use before I brick mah new toy?
edit: gonna go ahead treat this the same as any other esc that runs vesc software, iā€™m impatient

3 Likes

@moon should I not lock myself into the evolve ecosystem? Iā€™ve been seriously debating thisā€¦ But like, I only need hubs for purely street 7"-8" and theyā€™re $11/PC. Already have one set

I have Bergā€™s for 6"ā€¦

I donā€™t see myself doing any sort of true off-road shit anytime soon.

I think the evolve ecosystem is great if you plan on sticking with skate trucks and belt drives

1 Like

So hypothetically, letā€™s say I have been using a 10s4p battery pack for over 1000 miles with no fish paper rings and the pack is held together with kapton tape.

How hard would it be to add said rings to the pack? Would it require a complete dissasembly?

Youā€™d have to literally strip the cells almost down to individuals, because you need to remove all the nickel from the + side to do this, which likely will involve removing the neg side first, because you donā€™t want to leverage against the pos/neg ring on the top for anything. I would say not worth it at all.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s really not much to it, they use standard size skateboard things on axle with extended press-fit shoulders, 15mm belt spacing, can find 63xx motor mounts pretty easily. Hubs/wheels pretty standard, bunch of tires for them. Theyā€™re not very proprietary for what it is on hardware side and itā€™s kind of cool.

1 Like