Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

went with this for now: amazon.com/SRA-Rosin-Paste-Flux-135/dp/B008ZIV85A

1 Like

Thank you Dario … I read it (all these cryptic names aren’t helpful :rofl::joy:) who would guess hexacopter did metr …

Very helpful. I sometimes struggle with trusting my solder work.

Same here…its been working pretty good for me.

1 Like

I’m still confused about the ESC settings (motor, battery max and mins also brake settings) Could not find a thread that explains each setting in detail. Anybody have a link?

This is from the glossary of terms, does it help?

3 Likes

Would this charger for a 12s 4p 30q battery be just fine? Or is there a different battery charger that I should be looking at? Need HELP

1 Like

Any 12s charger under 10A is going to do you just fine. Just find the right plug is all.

2 Likes

okay perfect this one has the 2.5mm jack that I need ! So Thank You!

The 5.5mm x 2.1mm jack is more widely used than the 2.5 version.

5 Likes

the battery im getting from @Scepterr has 2.5mm

3 Likes

Yes this helps…thx

1 Like

Is the running the VESC FOC wizard sufficient for programming? Or do I need to get into the specific settings on motor max and min?

It is. Wizard it, ride it, and if you feel something needs a tweak, then get into the workings.

1 Like

Bigger =Higher Top speed
Smaller=Faster acceleration
Harder= less friction= More efficient

Thanks, I tried flashing the firmware several times, and disconnected power. The warning remains.
It also does soemetimes not autoconnect to this side (bad connection?)

I haven’t attempted flashing the bootloader, because it gives me the warning:
“This will attempt to upload a bootloader to the connected VESC. If the connected VESC already has a bootloader this will destroy the bootloader and firmware updates cannot be done anymore. Do you want to continue?”
As it seems to already have some bootloader, this message seems to indicate that this will brick the Vesc if i attempt to flash ontop?

Also, might there be some guide somewhere? Only think I found was
https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-installing-a-bootloader/752, which Brian already suggested be updated in 2019

1 Like

Does you 6.6 dual have a bypassed antispark may not be able to soft reboot, wiftout a soft reboot the firmware wont take. On my bypased 6.6 i break power for a millisecond After the flash completes Sometimes takes me a few goes to get it. I dont recommend this technique on updating the boot loader.

2 Likes

This is the old 6.6 Dual, it does not have an antispark. :slight_smile:
Not sure how to interpret your recommendation - I have tried dis and re-connecting power after the flash (though not immediately after).

The ESC does seem to work (motor and remote setup all good and work as expected) despite the potentially broken bootloader. both FW also read 3.102.
Edit: wrong, master (the problem-free side) has FW 3.103, while slave (the problem child has FW 3.102.
Should I downgrade master or is it fine to have different FW?

The problem (root cause might be related to the non-working FW upgrade) seems to go deeper:

• The Input App settings did not transfer to the slave ESC (incl. remote band mapping). I had to manually transfer those to the slave side (as the input wizzard did nothing).
    Edit:
  • Metr Pro: Setting updates (Modes) only get applied to the side it is connected (master or slave)
  • Metr Pro: master side shows random voltage between 40 and 60

Dual CAN is enabled on the FSESC 6.6
I understand why Brian hates duals now.

2 Likes