Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

does someone have a simple explaination or link to a thread about what rkp dkp and tkp are and why should i care

also could someone make a thread on it

Glossary has it:

3 Likes

does anyone know if these wheels will fit @dickyho 6x2 hubs?

Wait will these fit on bergs hubs? They looks solid.

No I don’t think they will, the 6x2 hubs are too wide

2 Likes

Are there any Evolve R2 esk remotes except for that 250$ maytech one?

I want to try dual trigger instead of scrollwheel.

edit : just saw that the maytech remote is currently down to 79$ :thinking:

edit: meh plus 28$ shipping and probably import duty/tax

1 Like

want to test trigger?:wink:

Yeah, i have the urge to try something new. 4 years of Wheel remotes. I’d prefer seperate triggers but might give single a shot.

or maybe the famous mini remote…

2 Likes

gt2b :+1:

but only if i mod it.

1 Like

waaaay to bulky for my liking.

1 Like

The maytech remotes damn nice, my buddy uses the OG one for efoil.

1 Like

Bit of a derp here, higher gear ratio means lower speed right ? And by higher I mean 1:6 is higher than 1:5

3 Likes

I believe this is correct. Higher the ratio the more torque but lower top speed.

I’m sure there is a bunch of other stuff that smart people will chime in with.

But for the most part you are correct.

2 Likes

Hey all, this is entirely a noob question. So my roommate is selling his old longboard battery, and we are both unsure if its too strong for my current motor/vesc setup.
Its a 36v 10S4P 18650 battery, and I have this VESC in my board. https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/543536774
The original ESC broke so I replaced it.
I have a single 350w brushless hub motor if that is important.

You can’t have a battery that is ‘too strong’…the ESC will only allow as much current as it can handle and the motors will only pull as much current as they need. As long as the voltage of the battery does not exceed the maximum safe voltage of the ESC you’re golden

That battery will top out at 42V and the ESC is rated for 42V (I know it says 36V but that’s the nominal expected voltage of a 10s battery). The motor will pull around 10A which means the ESC will only be letting 10A or less through from the battery. With a 4p configuration there are very few cells that will not handle that so you’ll be totally fine. Having an over-spec battery means that the cells are under less load and will last much longer

1 Like

So after my whole breaking half a dozen of belts in 2 weeks situation, i changed the motor pulley and have been fine so far. Rode 150km in 3 days, no problem at all.

One belt will snap in the near future but thats due to a rock hitting the belt while offroading.

So it definitely was the new motor pulleys i bought. ( free for anybody who wants to tinker with them)

1 Like

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade by mountainboard with bypassed BMS. I have following configuration:
4x 3s LiPo battery
Loop key
2x focbox

BMS that I have is BesTech HCX-D596 and I need some help with wiring it all together.

Okay, I’m planning on buying an electric skateboard, like the Meepo V3 $400. But I have the money to build an electric skateboard
like this:
TB’s direct drives 75/90kv, TB’s 12s4p battery pack, flipsky 6.6 etc… $1500
Which one is the best price to performance, I’m a little worried about the torque on the Meepo (can it handle big hills?), I’m 15 years old and weigh 130lbs/60kg. I have alot of experience with skateboards.

Thanks.

3 Likes