Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Thanks, @hummieee @Jordicious !

the guy i bought my deck from had some threaded inserts (m4) put in there

one of their threads has broken and i want to replace it

how do i remove it and how to i put a new one in
thanks

Anyone have a link to a reliable seller on alibaba / alieexpress that sells genuine/good quality 6x2 clever tires or are most of them the same? I was just skeptical of getting low quality ones.

2 Likes

think they are the same.

4 Likes

Between the FSESC 4.12 and 4.20 mini from the old stock sold on AliExpress, which is more reliable? I think the 4.20 usually ran better but the old design would blow up more often but not totally sure

1 Like

Get both for science?

1 Like

Lol I know someone with more spending money than me has already done that, just tryna find what they already learned :grin:

Yeah probably :smile:
The resistor updated 4.20 mini singles has been working fine for me but I probably wouldn’t go for those on my next build.
Not really sure I trust them but I got them for cheap.
10S, 30A battery, 60A motor running FOC
Guess I won the Flipsky QC lottery :man_shrugging:

I would stick with 4.12s, so there’s no chance of getting NOS 4.20 singles with the resistor issue.

3 Likes

Clever tires? What is clever?

Check out this product on Alibaba App 90/65-6.5 Dualtron Ultra Tubeless Rubber Band Pocket Bike Banden 49cc Mini Crossmotor Motorfiets Scooter Band

I got mine fixed/upgraded by the Wizard, and all good.

2 Likes

Is that something I could do myself easily? I am pretty decent with a soldering iron and I’ve got some new tips on order

1 Like

Anyone have tips or tricks for drilling a lacroix prototypo carbon fiber enclosure? I have a blank enclosure from @Sender and I need to drill holes for the phase wires and maybe the charge port and anti spark.

Drill from the finished side in or the inside out?
Fast drill speed or slow?
Drill a pilot hole first or just start at the final size?

I thought building a battery was nerve wracking but drilling this enclosure has me freaking out.

Mine are the newer revision and came with updated resistors but if you’re comfortable soldering 0603 or 0402 SMD components it’s not too hard to do.
The ones that flipsky sell are all updated from the factory so no need to swap if you get brand new ones

1 Like

But they are $85 for 2 on AliExpress…maybe a Hobbywing would be better?

Got mine off ebay for 50€ each and got lucky, not sure about ali

Piece of wood clamped to the opposite side and use a step bit to get to the final size you want. Step bits work wonders when you’re scared of breaking or blowing out a hole

4 Likes

And also, if you have strong and steady hands, look at using a Dremel for the non circular holes. Draw what you want on the piece with a white crayon and remove till you’re satisfied with it.

1 Like

can I get a picture of where the bearing rides on that shaft, is it worn at all?

Drill carbon in stages, small bit at first. A regular jobber bit runs the risk of grabbing the final layer of carbon and shearing it. Drill from finish side first for a clean entry. The exit is always more messy. Use cobalt bits, HSS will dull through carbon like cheese. Ideally use tungsten carbide bits but nobody has those laying around. Drill carbon as if you are drilling iron, low to medium speed, firm pressure, relax before exit. Spray plenty of water, do not let carbon dust float around, that stuff wrecks your lungs. Carbon is usually milled underwater.

4 Likes