Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Anyone with early ender 3 3D printers knows the problem with xt60 clones. So unless you know 100% it’s real amass go xt90.

Perfect answers thank you very much ! Last noob question, where is the best spot for a loopkey ? Considering my battery is in the middle and my esc at the back

1 Like

It doesn’t matter, it can sit anywhere between the battery and ESC and does it’s job. I would say where ever is convenient to put outside the enclosure so you have easy access to it.

1 Like

Another Question, is 10AWG enough to run from the battery to the esc considering I’m going to limit to 85-90A ?

1 Like

Yeah, if anything that is probably even overkill for 90A. 12awg would carry that current fine, mostly because we don’t run wires very long, and continuous current rating on wires are for much longer lengths.

1 Like

Is it just me or is the builders forum unavailable every few minutes. I’m not speaking of the usual JP can’t pay for his shit unavailable.

but rather this:

Lol is that my photo?

Nvm found it

2 Likes

Common issue I replaced mine as soon as people started reporting the issue. Scary thing is an esk8 uses up to 10x more power…

That’s why you can’t buy XT60s from behind Sam’s club.

3 Likes

I personally like the SK8, because it has a skirt bearing to prevent the can from being cantilevered. Having the can supported on only one side has resulted in quite a few motor failures, many of which have been 6374s due to the increased can length and mass.

7 Likes

I’m trying to find pictures of that dude’s board who attached a mountainboard setup to a tree trunk / log… does anyone remember what he was called or a keyword?

Does anyone know if @Boardnamics idler mounts for Caliber trucks would work with 6x2 wheels with a 60T pulley?

Would it be possible to tension the idler while the 6" wheel is on there?

If yes, does anyone know what size belt would be needed for a 15T - 60T setup?

I can answer part of that - https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

Be aware that this doesn’t take idlers into account, so the required belt will actually be longer by however much the idler takes up.

If you can give me dimensions/spacing between the center points of the two pulleys and idler, I can calculate an approximate belt length for you.

Thank you for that. I have used that belt length calculator before, however, I am also confused by how much belt length the idler would take since I don’t know how to take that into account.

It’s a geometry (or maybe trig) calculation. But if I know the relative X/Y positions of the three centers of the pulleys and idler, I can plug all the info into a 2d model and have it calculate for me.

is there a problem with mixing hardware of vescs (one v4 and one v6) when using split recievers the only way the 2 vescs are linked is one remote

@b264

Does this count as a broken magnet? could this cause problems?
Naming theoreticians and wizards @hummieee @MysticalDork @BluPenguin …Sharrrrrrtttttt???

1 Like

U should cover the broken w thin epoxy as I read they can deteriorate from exposure if their plating is removed.

5 Likes

That and the fact that the chipped area can expand since it’s weakened structurally-speaking

1 Like