Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

RN my computer doesn’t even recognize a device is connected. The cable and ports are fine, I tried connecting a focbox with same cable np, so it’s something with the fsesc 6.6. I have a mac. Don’t think flipsky customer support will be much help, anybody got any clue on this?

maybe this…
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NQ2GB6Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Do you have $20k to drop and a large set of titanium testicles? Because if not, then you can’t

5 Likes

Better make 'em out of tantalum just to be safe

:laughing:

1 Like

Have to check later with another belt that has nothing on it.

1 Like

Well i forgot that i can’t check it because i don’t have any spare belts left. Can tell you once i ordered some

1 Like

So my vx2 pro is refusing to turn off. I was out for a ride and i got a low voltage warning saying the remote was at 15%. I went home and put it on the charger.
The screen now says LOW VOLTAGE, THE REMAINING POWER IS LESS THAN 10%! It will not let me turn it off, but I can still control my board. Should I let it run out of power for real, or will it not know it is getting low and to turn off ending up damaging the battery?

I’d say let it run out. The battery voltage is a fair bit above critical voltage.

1 Like

Anybody interested in a trade? Single Turnigy sk3 192kv 6374 Motor against 2 smaller Motors (no specific brand)? Doesn’t have to be 1:1

2 Likes

when I pick up one side of my board sometimes the motors don’t spin. They are getting signal but not moving for some reason.

what might this be?

or is it normal?

1 Like

not clear what you’re doing lifting one side of the board up but I wonder if that engages the traction control

2 Likes

yeah that’s the main thing I was thinking of but I thought I had left traction control off.

I think it might have something to do with the lower voltage, before it did AWD burnouts no problem. I will test it out more tomorrow. It was weird because I did not seem to be doing that before but it’s possible I did not notice.

Anyone got a koowhel 2nd gen motor connector pinout?

Trying to see if the hubs are shorted

Hi wondering about the problems of using refurbished Samsung 30q nkon cells

https://eu.nkon.nl/samsung-inr18650-30q-3000mah-15a-refurbished.html

Are they ok to use in a pack?

For spot-welding yeah

And I think fogstar is about the same price new…

1 Like

For nese modules are they ok to use?

I am interested in those and a few one types of refurbished cells on Nkon

They should be ok ?

I think they’ll cause issues

2 Likes

Oh why?

You need to have roughly the same internal resistance for things to evenly discharge and you don’t want any one cell to end up far over discharged in a p group or else when you go to recharge that one bad/worse cell will bring down the average and so you may end up overdischarging or overcharing a given cell depending on how you divide up the more or less worn cells between P groups. Actually vid here talks about issues with cooling causing similar problems because of varying the effective internal resistance of some cells in a battery TIM thermal paste

1 Like

They say the internal resistance is the same