Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Is the vesc-project page working for people? It’s completely dead for me. If possible, can someone direct me to some other firmware versions?

This what you’re looking for?

2 Likes

Thank you! But also on a separate note, is vesc-project down and if so why?

Not loading for me either. Maybe maintenance or something.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming! I think it’s been down all day. I tried earlier this morning and still nothing

If you are looking for Vedder version 4.1 and OS Linux, then I have a copy.

I also have Ackmaniac 2.54 for Windows and Linux and mac something

I also have Ackmaniac 3.103 for Windows (the Linux version is broken)

I mean if the site is down and you need something now.

4 Likes

we need a repository here

2 Likes

You can also go to github and download the source and compile it yourself but that takes longer than asking for it.

1 Like

Oh here is Ack 3.102 built for Linux

2 Likes

anyone know where i can buy replacement batteries from riptide boards? they are currently sold out on their website. preferably the R1X

Yes you can

1 Like

Having issues programming my remote. Remote programs and tracks fine while programming with the vesc tool but afterwards, the smallest throttle input results in 100% throttle. Any ideas?

Look at Duty Cycle, it just seems to automatically ramp to 100.

Anyone using this bms?

2 Likes

There is a thread on these, it’s not a BMS, it’s a charge balancer

I want one myself :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, kinda misleading they put bms in the title.

So it’s a Balancer, what’s the difference between this and a bms that balances? My first battery had the bms preinstalled, my second battery was just a temporary one the bms was damaged it was 10s2p so I just removed the balancer and ran it. My battery I’m building now is 10s1p. Trying to find a direction with bms/balancing. Budget and space constraints in mind.

1 Like

This will only do balancing. You don’t charge through it and you don’t discharge through it.
I have one and did some test with it; didn’t like it.
The balancing accuracy is pretty low. It will keep your highest and lowest P-groups within ~100mV, pretty bad.

edit: If space is limited, consider doing external balancing with no BMS/PCM onboard at all, that’s what I’m doing. Less stuff to break in the board too.

2 Likes

Hi guys. My motor and Vesc have 10 awg wires and 5.5 bullet connectors and I need to use extensions between them with MR60 connectors and 12 awg. Do you think this might cause any problems?
Gracias!

It’s fine as long as the solder joints are sounds. Also, use heat shrink.

1 Like

I got an ABS_Overcurrent fault today. Any help on making it not happen again?

1 Like

Use less current.

5 Likes