Vedder site down?

Tried to program my vescs this evening and all my versions of vesc tool automatically shut off after like 10 seconds also cant seem to get on the website…what’s up?

Anyone having issues?

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s down for everyone.

Maybe Benjamin’s power went out or something.

7 Likes

Just wondering why the site being down would effect the vesc tools that I have downloaded? Or is that a separate issue lol

4 Likes

Oh that is a good point. My vesc-tool keeps crashing randomly.

5 Likes

This makes zero sense but you’re the second person to report this tonight. @KfromtheBay

8 Likes

I can also confirm that my AV warns me the vesc-tool reaches out via the internet.

2 Likes

I think that’s just the new version check. But:

Is that service actually hosted on the same server vesc-project.com is?

And is that really hosted on BVs personal server?

Seems like a major single point of failure if that’s what’s happening.

4 Likes

Yup, Ben has the server in his basement, hopefully hes home to reboot it

13 Likes

:frowning::man_facepalming:

13 Likes

Oh my God.

Am I being punked?

The timing. You can’t make this shit up.

17 Likes

Yup Version 2.02 continued to crash over and over

1 Like

@Trampa could you please confirm if a personally hosted server is a single point of failure for vesc-project.com & the app?

Follow up question: would you guys like some help fixing this?

10 Likes

Does this mean that the VESC tool has to contact a server and that it cannot be operated offline? For example, if I am at a remote site with my laptop and no internet connection. Would i be left high and dry?

4 Likes

I guess I just assumed that was not the case at all, which is why I didn’t think the site being down was connected.

You know, because that just doesn’t make sense.

I don’t know what to believe anymore.

8 Likes

I‘m pretty sure I did use the vesc tool before offline. Not the lates version for sure, but the old ones should work.

Edit: just opened 2.02 offline and it doesn’t crash for me, as min not by clicking through the menu. Do not have a vesc here to connect thou…

2 Likes

And where does one find old versions of the VESC Tool short of recompiling from historical commits in the source?

1 Like
9 Likes

+1 for community member maintained resources.

Thanks again @rpasichnyk

6 Likes

VESC Tool 2.02 / Linux doesn’t seem to be crashing.

4 Likes

Yeah and it’s loading on Android for me here.

Still odd we have multiple users reporting crashing + site being down though. I’ll dig in a bit in the morning because I’m curious if there’s correlation

1 Like