Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

hahahahaha broooooo what the fuck, thats broken as shit. Flipshit engineers be wack as fuck

3 Likes

I used neoprene and under long time pressure it loses all the spongy feeling.
My 3mm thick neoprene sealant is now printer paper thin.
Definetly go rubber

2 Likes

But seriously, is there any remote on the market that does cruise control the right way?

Besides “it’s your fault/you’re using it wrong”-trampa remote. The idea that if i put my foot the wrong way on the deck would cut signal and those triple A batteries scare me

1 Like

Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

They seem quite self conscious about what they’re doing… They don’t see a problem with their Gummies too lol

1 Like

bump
10bildos

2 Likes

My vescs are a month and a half in their service now. Not sure if i’ll see them this summer

1 Like

@JTAG

2 Likes

He isn’t very active on here unfortunately
I’ll just PM @Sam

2 Likes

Anyone know where to get 10mm speed rings ?

1 Like

I have ordered both of those from rubberstuff. The first one is heavy, does not bend and does not have adhesive, I would not use it as a gasket. The second variant from rubberstuff seems good as a thick gasket. I ordered 12mm thick and compressed it to about 9 - 10mm.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, though perhaps 3M VHB underneath would keep it pretty firmly in place along with the screws squeezing it down? but perhaps you already tried something like that? I’ve not ordered yet, but their delivery costs are so high, like £20 for an £18 product. I may try and call them to see what’s up with that.

That’s true, you could apply the adhesive :+1: I never tried because of the weight. Rubberstuff also sell on Amazon, might be worth comparing shipping costs.

1 Like

Ah great, I’ll check their amazon site, hopefully that delivery cost is near enough non-existent on Amazon, sometimes it is…

1 Like

Amazon is usually like, let’s say £10 with prime shipping, and when you go on ebay it’s £5 with £4 shipping lol.
Obviously not those specific rubber gaskets

2 Likes

Is there a thread that explains loop keys, anti spark switches, and fuses for electric skateboards, or could someone explain it. For some reason, it’s really confusing me.

2 Likes

youi can search in the right corner, there are multiple loop key threads

1 Like

Is it skipping on hard braking? Because if it’s not broken, then not fixing it would be my suggestion. If it skips on hard braking, then that’s another story.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks

For the loop keys:

Fuses (from our dearly departed Sydney):

Anti-spark info is all over the place, so I’ll just say this: Right now, other than the Flipsky Enhanced Switch (which I just pulled out of service), there are almost no reliable and available anti-spark switches. This will change, but for now, go with a loop key and wait for the market to hook us up.

1 Like