Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

@dickyho has a couple different styles. He might be able to custom make you a set too, very inexpensive

1 Like

Has anyone tried 3d printing a tpu gasket for their enclosure? Is it a bad idea?

Nomad Designs. Hopefully link works:
https://www.facebook.com/eskatenomad/posts/704297570145226

1 Like

Yes

I’d cover the bare metal again.

6 Likes

Just be aware that the pulleys that fit your ABEC 107s won’t fit on the Discovery cloudwheel. They will have to be replaced or carefully shaved down.

3 Likes

@SeanHacker’s build LoveDick uses TPU gaskets, and to my knowledge they work great! It’s all about fitment. The more time you spend up front designing them well, the less time you will spend trying to fix them later.

3 Likes

Yes…

7 Likes

We’re thinking about trying this for @Savage1 current build, since the enclosure doesn’t fit great. As soon as he’s able to model it up we’ll get the print going and we’ll be sure to post some pictures.

3 Likes

Bump. Also would you need to rebalance a tire after you change a tire/tube? I imagine after the initial balancing it should be close enough unless you change to a different tire type or size up/down.

Perfect

That may actually be better than it was before you started

1 Like

Pivot cup for roadrider 45 deg baseplate with 218 Tb hanger? I can get it to fit if I cut a couple mm off the cup nipple…is that :sunglasses: guess I’ll feel it if it’s not.

Thank you all for the replies :smile:

Will definitely give the tpu gasket a try.

@YeetMeat, I will still be using a gasket, but @RideNebula will be printing a spacer like @janpom did to make the RE 44 enclosure from Big Ben work on his new sexy deck. MBNEF 43: Mostly But Not Entirely Flat deck

1 Like

So I have a dual fsesc 6.6+ working with the android vesc tool app via bluetooth. when I change a setting how do I determine which vesc ID it is saving to?

hi guys almost done with my first build cant believe I’ve made it this far without many issues, but um im trying to setup my board on vesc tool on Android. 12s3p//bkb xenith//tbdd. So. Ive successfully connected to the vesc tool and im trying to run motor configuration. Which settings do I choose, first of all motor size wise? It says if I fuck it up I could trash my motors and nobody wants that.

Nearly every motor for esk8 is “medium outrunner,” including your direct drives

4 Likes

Thanks! That worked! Is there an app I could use for testing til my remote comes in or somethjng?

1 Like

Not really and there are many reasons it is not recommended. Trust me, wait for the remote. If that smashes it’s probably dirt cheap for a new shell vs likely £300 new screen

You can use the keyboard controls but I absolutely would NOT stand on the board while doing that.

2 Likes

You connect to it in vesc tool, change the setting you want, hit apply, go back to start, press “scan canbus”, select the one you want, go back to that setting, change it, press apply, and it’s done

1 Like