Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Doesn’t matter if it shuts off charge. It will have the cells sit with the slightest trickle. The cellls will sit at what they’re charged to. That’s ok. Trickle likely isn’t the term.

And charge around the bms
@thetrueoriginal

1 Like

What if u coast downhill and go over that speed?
In my experience w no erpm limit it’s still not great and any throttle input either brake or throttle is a strong brake

2 Likes

Replying after knowing the answer:

Unfortunately, going downhill does affect Max ERPM limit and can set it off. You either have to hold on the brakes on the trigger slightly, or avoid going down hills or learn foot braking. And yes, definitely get yourself a Vesc 6 so the limit is higher.

1 Like

@slizer18 thanks Mate, I redid some of them and think that they might be ok, but am gona get some helping hands to hold everything and do all of my soldering again next week, cause I think it was trying to hold everything and solder was the main prob.

1 Like

I dont have $200 to throw at my second board, so I’m gonna set a duty cycle max instead which will mostly do the same thing. The whole point is I will never hit the ERPM limit while cruising. I’d only hit it if I was spinning the wheels freely without being on it, which could result in black smoke.

1 Like

As long as you’re cruising, I see no issues.

1 Like

I just realized I’m a fucking idiot, I’m using a 10s battery on that build so it isn’t even a problem. sigh

I just attached a new PPM remote to a eMTB build. Dual 6380 connected to Stormcore 60D. When the board is up on my bench for testing, and I give it throttle, one wheel (connected to the PPM input side of the VESC) spins immediately and accurately. The other wheel (connected to CAN-bus) sometimes stops spinning if I’m not giving much throttle. It’s tough to tell if this is only prominent when up on my bench spinning freely in the air, or if this will become an issue on the road. Has anyone seen this issue? Is this somewhat normal? Maybe something misconfigured?

Try doing the set up again and see if you can manage to get them both moving. If it’s an issue, you could try a different esc and see if it acts the same way. But if anything, you want to make sure they both move simultaneously. Otherwise, you will have another raptor 2.1 incident.

1 Like

This sounds kinda normal, if you put a load on them they will be fine.

Under no load upside down on the bench things act a lot differently.

1 Like

is there any place for us eu guys to buy this “small” innova 8" aside of trampa ?

for reference, its the middle one on this picture

i finally wanna try stretch my evolve 6" tires over wide superstars with this

1 Like

Hi there again :grimacing: Does someone know a good fuse for charging port (4A) on TME or aliexpress? I can’t find one

These are great, you can get replacement fuses easily at the hardware store or a car shop. I use the small sized ones. 1Set Mini/Kleine/Medium Auto Waterdichte Zekeringkast Blade Type In Line Zekeringhouder Stopcontact 18/16/14/12/10AWG 7.5A10A20A30A40A50A|Fuses| - AliExpress.

For 4A I would use a 7.5A or 10A version.

2 Likes

thxx! Or these also rated for 36v battery? :thinking:

What are people’s opinions on METR vs iLogger vs Robogotchi+GPS ?

From a brief reading, they all seem to be VESC connected logging devices which measure current, voltage, speed, etc and log to SD card and/or phone and/or over wifi. Hardware seems pretty similar. Maybe the key differences are in the software features, mobile app, ease of use, etc.

Would love to hear opinions from owners, especially those that’ve used more than one of these.

3 Likes

I personally switched from Metr to Robogotchi in all my boards for several reasons:

First, because of the automatic no-phone-required logging that writes to integrated memory, as well as the robust dedicated GPS module. This means I never have to worry whether I remembered to start a log, of if it has a good connection to my phone, or anything like that. I plop my board on the ground, give it a push to turn the VESCs on, and I’m off riding.

Second, to support the growth and development of new cool esk8 tech from the FreeSK8 project. Open-source stuff is pretty cool and I think it should be promoted. Plus, competition is good for us plebs because it pushes the big-brain folks to make cool new stuff even faster.

Lastly because @DerelictRobot and @skate420 are my friends, and I wanted to support them by beta-testing their cool new stuff. (I should be clear that I dont benefit financially from Robogotchi sales. I wish lol.)

I have heard that Metr and iLooger are planning to release (or have released?) new versions of their modules that have some or all of these same features. I dont know for sure because I stopped keeping up with those projects after I switched over.

6 Likes

I only have the metr right now, but I have an iLogger on order, who knows when it will come exactly though

Robogotchi sounds cool, I will probably pick one up eventually.

Metr is great in my experience and being able to connect to my BMS is a great feature. It would be nice if I didn’t have to open the app and remember to make sure it’s tracking, but it’s a minor thing since I start Strava whenever I ride anyway.

The logs are great to have and interesting to look at. Recently when I switched phones I think I accidentally lost all of my metr logs… which really sucks. That would not have been a problem with robogotchi

I will be doing a video comparing Metr Pro vs iLogger whenever it ends up showing up. iLogger in my MTB and Metr is in my street board.

3 Likes

This is something I’ll be interested to see, as someone who has not been keeping up with the latest from either of these companies!

4 Likes

Yeah! I’m going to try and find things that haven’t been covered yet, but my video list is already quite long :sweat_smile:

Of course, I can’t do it until WavRX finishes up Batch 3 anyway so we will see how long it’s gonna be.
Couple things I want to compare:

• What data does each store / record
  • Set up process & security
  • Programming capability
  • User interface in app
  • How data is recorded / where it is stored
  • Online syncing?
  • Size and cables
  • Offerings and variations
  • SD Card capable?
  • Connection stability
  • Antenna connector?

I’m sure there are more things but I haven’t written a script or anything for that yet, this was just off the top of my head

1 Like

roads made with this ? could it be possible? real back to the future hoverboard possible???

1 Like