Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Hi guys struggling to set up my 4WD. Using 2x unities. I have a canbus cable for can hi and can lo.

So far I updated the firmware on the first unity i is to swap the unities round to update the firmware on the second unity.

For some reason the second unity doesn’t turn on I heard this is because I need to set up roll to start on it ?

First time setting up on vesc tool so any help is greatly appreciated

Thoughts on erasers for grip tape vs erasers for belt sanders?

Quick Question, how long would you wait before opening a PayPal dispute for something bought on the forums?

Depends on communication, if the seller keeps stringing you along I would wait a weeks tops. If he or she hasn’t answered at all I would open a dispute now. There is obviously a reason to post this.

2 Likes

If you have a reasonable belief the seller ran away with your money and actively avoids you, file that dispute right away and take screenshots of all the conversation channels

2 Likes

Isn’t it all just natural rubber chunks?

A week. Then contact. If no response, dispute.

1 Like

Pretty sure, just wondering if there’s anything different besides cost

1 Like

Well… search “skateboard bearings” and check the price. After that, search any other reasonably close size. On average it will be 25-50% of the skateboard bearing size price, even though it’s the same shit.

Buy what’s cheap and good

1 Like

I bought some loaded button head hardware for my trucks on my evo as I didn’t want to countersink the holes, I just wanted to ask if that’s safe for me. I figured with something like that it’s much better to ask before I’m on the ground after my truck rolls off somehow.

@Leon @Minimadness @Athrx

Thanks for input. Been 4 days since they said they would ship. Sent a few messages already and got no response yet. I checked profile out and didn’t see anything sus, but who knows. I’ll give it the week and revisit.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t dispute after 4 days but if they aren’t communicating it’s worse. You can see on their profile if they’ve been online or not. Some folks just are really busy IRL

1 Like

Yeah planning on waiting, just wanted added input. Just weird to stop messaging after saying they’d ship is all.

When it comes to shipping, do note it takes about a week or less/more depending. I waited about 2 weeks for kaly to send me their barrels, to where I had to contact them and found out they were in backorder due to an issue with the barrels.

It was unfortunate, but I got my payment back.

You can replace the motors just fine since they’re usually made the same way with the 4 screws on the motors. It depends on the motor mount however… if its too thick, you’ll notice that the pulley won’t fit right (innuendo incoming). The difference between 6374 and 6380 is power. 74mm vs 80mm. The 80 will have more power in it.

1 Like

Quick question. Does anybody know why when I touch 2 out of the 3 wires together on a motor it gets really hard to turn? When none of the wires are touching it spins like it should. And of course I don’t have any power supply connected while doing this, it’s hand-spun.

Edit: discovered this totally by accident thinking I needed a new motor.

1 Like

Check out this

2 Likes

I did read that, and great post by the way, I’m just trying to figure out why it happens. I’m guessing it might have something to do with the motor also acting as a generator and trying to produce power and it being fed back into it when the wires are connected?

Motors have the capability of generating energy on their own, so it is possible that touching two phases together while moving the motor is generating magnetic energy and becomes hard to turn. It’s basically being a hand cranked charger.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly why. The motor is generating power when you spin it. And then, by shorting them out, you are immediately burning off all of that energy as heat in the wires. So the more you spin it, the hotter you make the wires.

3 Likes