Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Main use is to seal the lid and heatsink

still 6mm round?

2 Likes

No, not really. Only clearance is potentially an issue but that’s the case anyway

Yeah, I’d buy 3mm round if it was available. I think 6mm is as small as it gets. The tape stuff I end up rolling into cylinders anyway…

You can roll it smaller like clay.

4 Likes

Thanks, so I took it out yesterday and it rides horribly because the extends DH motor mounts are way too low to the ground.

1 Like

I’d like to get motor mounts that would allow me to swap between my bergs and thane as small as 85mm on my hummie…the Dicky Ho ones don’t cut it for this (Motors scrape on 85mm wheels)…it’s either new mounts or I’ll be forced to build another board just for sliding lol

2 Likes

Maybe boardnamics has something. Ask him about the center distance on his longest mounts. On dickyho extended it’s 90~92mm i think

1 Like

Oh geez, shipping from the U.S :man_facepalming: Will ask the Woosh guy too
So I guess anything above 92mm should be considered, thanks :+1:

1 Like

Yea. 100-105mm center distance preferably to be able to raise it to deck height.
Maybe even @Trampa has something since they sell caliber mounts for the orrsom deck

1 Like

I asked Trampa some time ago and they don’t

1 Like

I double checked now, they have the proper clamps/connectors at £20 each in stock, but no carbon fiber panels that would hold the motors. And judging by the 62/15 gearing ratio with 400mm belt it’s at 90mm center distance as well.
Short of obtaining 2 beefy panels yourself and drilling the correct holes, i’m out of ideas for now

1 Like

It’s looking like my Wolfshark build might have to be resurrected lol

2 Likes

Oh god no. Hummie 4 life

2 Likes

iirc, torqueboard v7 mount C2C is about 100 or 110mm, might need to check that once i get home

So at some point my Spintend decided to run one side only, and I didn’t notice until today after a ride (was wondering why I kept spinning out a wheel when TC was on). Any possibility of me damaging anything from running it with only one side driving? I had to reflash both sides for it to see across the CAN again.

@xsynatic

4 Likes

well fuck, i ordered 6mm x 8m for 15€

4 Likes

we should have a dusty boards thread

I will try to get it by other means, but it’s nice to have the option, Thanks!!

1 Like

I’m deciding between a kelly kls7218s and a votol em100 for my bike build.

Can anyone point to how I can better decide on this? Another forum since this is pretty off topic?

2 Likes

Is it normal for 6384 130kv APS motors to not even reach 60A max?
VESC motor detection showed 57A for both motors and in fact when riding I cannot reach even 120A in total.

This seems too little current for 6384s even at a lower kv, or is this a normal value by your experience?