fiRsT builD | landyachtz wolfshark | Maker-X Mini Foc Plus | VX2 | dual 6374 (UK)

ok, so this may be premature cos i only have few parts as yet, but my wolfshark deck came today (ebay for 65£…pretty chuffed), which is photo-worthy, if nothing else is.

else include VX2 remote, DH mounts (thanks @Anubis), Caliber II’s and the ugly ass blue Cags.

the only thing im umming and rring about with this build is the battery (and possibly the ESC). it’s quite a long deck for something that looks like a cruiser. placing the trucks at their furthest point apart from each other leaves 73.5cm in between for all the electronics (24cm is the narrowest section of the deck). maybe that’s spacious, maybe not, ive never built one before.

i was thinking 12s2p/12s3p using 21700 cells …or 10S4p or 10s5p with 18650’s (for a cheaper ESC. either way ill get the V6 or V4 Neobox).

oh and it’s gonna use N.E.S.E by @Agniusm

enclosure-wise prolly @bigben. the deck undulates a fair bit, not sure if this will cause me issues when getting a water-tight enclosure.

motors will hopefully be Torque Boards

also thinking of removing the graphic and repainting the deck, tho part of me feels it’s sacrilege
to do that, but then im already going to hell for drilling into it and adding motors…so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

gonna build this over the next 6 months, as and when good deals come up/i get some cash. watch this space i guess.

16 Likes

Approved :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think they actually look good with color of your deck and trucks.

Why not get motors from @Anubis as well?

Edit: because standard sized calibers, that’s why.

3 Likes

Blue cags get ugly pretty quick when they yellow IMO. I’d dye them black or dark red or something.

2 Likes

they go with the trucks, i guess it would be nice to have the option of something more neutral, like black or white. but maybe the challenge of the build will be to get the overall colour pallette working well with the cags.

there’s a very small outlying chance i’ll build using a 6374’s. a fav build of mine build is @sofu 's S3. a street build with 6880’s. maybe if i got a rear boardnamics hanger i could squeeze dual 74’s on there…hmm . small chance ill do this, but it did occur to me.

Speaking as someone who is 1 custom enclosure away from completing my first build, I would advise that you figure this out FIRST, and build it. That way you know how much space you have to work with, and can design everything else around it. I did a very poor job of planning and now i am trying to fit 10lbs of sausage in a 5lb skin.

4 Likes

You could also do this: (someone on the old forum did this, but I can’t find it :frowning: )

or this XD

5 Likes

Asymetricla layout is usuall the fix for narrow trucks / wide motors

So like one forward right, one reverse left either same truck or front and back.
Two reverse facing motors is not the only solution, not even the best necessarily

2 Likes

Yup, enclosure is really the thing to get before the internals, then fit whatever battery/esc you can fit/afford

2 Likes

hahaha, what an image.

i fully agree with you though. what i may do is draw out the board in CAD then use that script someone recently posted here that allows you to visualise how n.e.s.e modules might be configured for your build. the enclosure has just been bumped to the top spot of purchases. did yu go for a premade enclosure, or did you get get one made bespoke?

1 Like

depends on your skills.
Best bet would be to match the deck to an enclosure already offered by @BigBen or @eBoosted for the most professional look.

eboosted generic enclosure

If you dont mind the diy look then there are other options.
Theres also a thread about a $30 fiberglass DIY from homedepot parts. though thats a lotta work
Kydex is an option thought will require a vacuum form

3 Likes

My current plan is to vacuum form a sheet of ABS and then skin it. We will see how well that goes, as I now have to build a vacuum table and a positive mold lol. Dont make my mistakes :joy:

I also went with NESE packs (i used @mishrasubhransu’s module design and scaled it up for 21700) and it ended up adding a ton of bulk to my pack. If you are going to do NESE i would say keep it to 18650.

2 Likes

i want to avoid using fiberglass myself, so will check those guys you linked. thanks for that :+1:

1 Like

yeah its sorta one of those things that you dont wanna DIY on the first build since it determines so much of the esthetics. I made a Kydex mod / enclosure. Hated it, and then just got an eboosted one. ALso have a bigben one.
Both are very professional and Grade A enclosures , eboosted is a little more substantial and expensive , Bigben is slightly more economical. THough thats splitting hairs and only based on my personal opinion

2 Likes

good luck dude, sounds tricky! also sounds like fun (expensive fun :sweat_smile:)

im gonna use the @Agniusm system. VERY helpful to hear about using 18650 for the NESE and not 21700 . just seen a pic of your pack…is that a 12s5p? mine would be quite a bit smaller than that so maybe 21700 wouldnt be so much of issue if i planned the whole thing well r.e. space in the enclosure

bigben is local to me, so will prob go with him.
just hope he’s got one that will fit my deck size heh

1 Like

cool idea. im all up for exploring unusual solutions like that. ill dig int the forum see if I can find the build it’s in. thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

Ben is working on an enclosure. He was pretty close last time I checked

2 Likes

I’m slowly making an enclosure for this deck when I can.
The battery size is close to allowing a 10s3p 21700
I’ll let you know when I have one prototyped.
@moon is waiting too…

3 Likes

i’m in no rush at all. be good to see a prototype whenever youve got one. cheers