fiRsT builD | landyachtz wolfshark | Maker-X Mini Foc Plus | VX2 | dual 6374 (UK)

and when you say it’s close to allowing 10s3p, i guess that wouldn’t be for an NESE module 10s3p?

18650’s perhaps?

1 Like

ideally i’d like 12s2p 27100 as a minimum spec, but im learning that enclosures can be the death of a build, so whatever your making man i’m sure i’ll be stoked with it. the bigger the better though, at least for me…just searched the forum and it seems there are a few wolfshark builds in the making. i had no idea

2 Likes

12s4p Molicel p42a. 12s4p 18650 is going to be significantly smaller, or go with a welded pack. Honestly after all the money I spent on the nese tabs, filament, parts for my printer, a new printer when i got tired of failing with the old one, etc, etc, etc, it is not something I think I will do again. Im looking at the kweld if I build a pack again, or just shipping my cells to a reputable builder and having them make it right. It will probably work out to be around the same cost, if not much cheaper when you made as many mistakes as i did :joy:

5 Likes

Since we’re talking batteries

PLUG

4 Likes

yeah was going to go for the p42a for sure, but by the sounds of it I should adjust my expectations as to the size of the battery since the enclosure sounds like it will fit half 12s4p, if im lucky. looking forward to see how it turns out though.

NESE-wise, i don’t have a printer, and would be buying everything from the @Agniusm store - which im pleased about since printing for days doesn’t sound fun. i guess i’d read a few posts and batteries can just fail spontanseouly, or individual cells may have issues etc. also travel stuff - it’s potentially modular so can travel with it (don’t quote me on that tho lol). NESE system overall seemed safer and easier to deal with if there’s just one bogey cell that can be located and replaced. only downside of course is the extra bulk. the enclosure i think will determine whether i go built or NESE bat.

thanks, im in the uk tho

1 Like

so?
Price issues?
Ill update the prices to funny monies

1 Like

more about delivery. are you in the EU?

1 Like

No I am in California.
How does delivery figure in?
Youre talking cost basis?
This is more for comparing the cells themselves and to pick the best cell for whatever constraints you have

Sometimes comparing a 10s3p 20650 vs a 12s4p 30q build gets hard to visualize,
and as soon as you have more than 3 options its hard to really see and compare.
This sheet gives some visualization for the various pack builds
Just make a copy and start punching in different pack values

1 Like

Where do yo buy cells in europe?

1 Like

Btw you’re missing the column names for S and P count. Took me a while to find them XD

2 Likes

They got hidden by the column widths, fixed it thanks

1 Like

Best place for cells in EU atm:

Edit: I think those are the up to date prices now?

2 Likes

doh! i get it now, i thought you made battery packs, cos of the prices lists. very cool spreadsheet, thank you. battery stuff is one area where i need to do my homework. i guess i was just going on the more high powered cells the better :sweat_smile:

edit, i mean i know the basic logic of S being torque and P being range…but that’s it.

1 Like

Molicel went down in price a lot since I bought my 40Ts. Doh.

1 Like

Fogstar wholesale

1 Like

With BN 184 hanger you can fit dual 6374

Here is an example

1 Like

Yeah just for reference. Itll grow as I go,
I have a coworker and we compete to make the best spread sheets for work.

Sheets is a bit limited but in excel we have made some truly legendary data munchin sheets. Our testers will spit out half a terabyte text files that need to be compressed for a 15 minute data review so it gets prety nerdy around here
tripple nested indirects that pulls values from cells online etc I would pull price lists directly from the sites but idk how in google sheets
Its pretty glorious and we get lots of comments about how elaborate some of the sheets are for seemingly no reason

I FUCKING LOVE SPREADHSSSEEEETTS

Ill add a seperate tab for various vendors

3 Likes

you might want to look at mooch’s review on the p42a where he labels the cell as 4000mah and 30a iirc

5 Likes