Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Yep it would work.
Pneumatic or airless rubber wheels would be 100x better though

1 Like

Nooooo :sob::sob:
Sorry!

In VESC tool on a dual ESC, is max battery amps per side or total? I’m pretty sure motor amps is per side, not so sure about battery.

I currently have motor amps set to 75A and battery amps to 150A, although technically I don’t think anything past 75 would have any effect?

I haven’t tried cloudwheels, but from my experience riding roads like that on a bicycle – you’ll hate the experience lol

2 Likes

No.

They technically would probably roll on that if you didn’t go too slow, in a similar way that you could probably survive by eating nothing but dry, uncooked rice.

But no, absolutely not, you will not enjoy riding them on that.

2 Likes

Really noob question… probably replied 1000 times already…

I have dual Focboxes and I’m trying to upgrade them to 5.01 firmware using vesc tool 2.0.6… so I just go to the firmware tab and hit this?

I have USB connected to one of them, and both connected together via canbus (which I wouldn’t like to disconnect, as it’s already got glued :roll_eyes: )

Thanks!!

Yes

Is there a limit on which VESC versions the METR will detect? It’s connected but no read or write to anything (not even voltage)

It’s an FS I resoldered and I need to test it but all I have is my phone

@rpasichnyk Got any sneaky features to get a ESC running with just an iPhone?

1 Like

It supports pretty much all VESC firmware versions (but not BETA versions). Just make sure your VESC firmware is not BETA.

Yes, you can completely setup a VESC using iPhone. Do motor detection, PPM remote calibration, and change any parameter

1 Like

At the moment there is nothing to click when I go into expert and none of the realtime displays update, but it is paired and connected, what can I do from here?

I’ve redone my Unity setup a couple times via the expert settings but that was after I had realtime data

Metr app → Settings → Show Logs → send to support@metr.at

2 Likes

It’s stuck pairing now :confused:

1 Like

Try to “Forget” it from system preferences → Bluetooth, then open Metr app again and scan → enter pairing code

2 Likes

whats better? Powering a led on/off switch from receiver or uart pin? Any other options?

1 Like

Theoretically, they should be the same. However, I have noticed on at least one ESC they might not quite be.

Keep in mind that if you accidentally short that 5V connection, that the ESC will power down and you will loose throttle and brakes, so be careful with that.

2 Likes

Thank you

This might be the most Brian sentence I have ever read. I love it :joy:

6 Likes

Question about gear ratios:

Board: DIY dual 6380 170kv, torque6 esc, 12s4p 40T battery.

I have the AirWheels from the BeastBoards Viper board. They’re interesting — 110mm, 78A. (Thus far, I don’t believe that they’re broke in yet. I expected the honeycomb design to be a bit softer, perhaps it’s cheap thane. Likely so.) So, I use a 38T wheel pulley and 16T motor pulley when using dual 6380 motors, but I feel like my torqueboards 110 wheels are far more efficient and essentially faster when I use a 36/16 ratio. The board accelerates way better, and feels significantly less laggy. I’m running torque6 esc’s at 50A settings. Does efficiency (range) for my board logically improve with those TB wheels and the 36/16 vs 38/16 ratio? Anything over 20mph feels like the board is trying so hard and battery drain is more strenuous.

@b264

which of those would you get?

3 Likes

6mm round

3 Likes