Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Go the FG route and cover that abs in resin. That will hold up pretty pretty well.

3 Likes

What is the FG route? :slight_smile:
So I should prepare a bunch of epoxy and brush it on the outside?

3 Likes

FG= Fibre Glass

I think

Could also stand for
Fucking Germans @City-Blade-101 @Mainflow :kissing_heart: :rofl:

5 Likes

:drooling_face:

2 Likes

Feeling really dumb right now :relaxed:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, sand the surface a bit and brush on epoxy and FG.
Then it will be pretty pretty solid.

3 Likes

Cool. Like @b264 said abs enclosures make nice moulds lol

3 Likes

yeah true :wink:

To answer you, I believe that the lower the KV, the less the amps is needed since it will carry more Voltage with lower amps due to having more windings. The lesser the winding, the more amps is taken, which would explain why the 190KV takes more amps.

1 Like

Curious about how much amps people are getting with 130/140 kv.
It still seems too big a difference to me, for example in comparison to 170kv.

set screws are m4 x4 or m4x6?

Is it possible to run Single drive on a dual vesc? Do i have to unplug the motor on the side not being used? Would i have to set one side everything to 0?

Yes.

Sand the ABS first to make it rough and get any oils off of it. Then add resin first, then fiberglass tape/fabric and some more resin on top of it. Then wash off the blush and add resin and more fiberglass. And finally wash off the blush and add some resin without any more glass. Then wash off the blush and paint it black. Turns an ABS enclosure into something better.

2 Likes

Should this epoxy be something specific or just any standard two component epoxy, let’s say with 30 minutes cure time (which happens to be what I have, 5 and 30 minutes :slight_smile:)?

The longer cure one would better but I don’t know.

I use West System 650 for small jobs and West System 105 + 206 for big jobs which are both like 24 hour cures

2 Likes

I took the first epoxy that caught my eyes from ebay or something and it worked out. Use “standard” epoxy which needs 24 hours to cure, not this fast shit.
More important is the FG thickness. You should get this stuff on there in a few layers for maximum stability.

3 Likes

Yes, I second all of this

2 Likes

I’d say go for the Kelly, just because they’re more well-known and have better documentation/support.
I went with a Sabvoton, and getting all the wiring right and all the settings configured has been a nightmare, because there’s so little good documentation.

2 Likes

Setscrews are available in a wide variety of sizes and lengths, as well as different tip geometries and drive shapes, for a variety of applications. Be more specific with your question.

2 Likes