Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

The profile is different. No motor mounts will fit them except his geardives, unless you’re willing to make/modify your own clamps.

1 Like

ok, thanks. was thinking they may be a solution to being able to reverse mount large motors on Boardnamics Geardives, but alas theyre not a.

The board is cf, so that’s not really an option at the moment.

If you run 55’s over the current at which they act as space heaters, 74’s will get you that wasted energy back into extra torque.
Assuming 190kv, running both at 60A won’t see much difference, but 80A is going to cook the smaller counterpart with no extra power (well, even less actually since hot magnets lose strength too)

3 Likes

is it normal to use 12mm belts with bergmeister hubs/haggy tyres?

Is a fiberglass lid an option?

It’ll work, but higher torque will snap them. At 6374+ i’d stick to 15mm belts

1 Like

thanks. will I need special motor pully’s? i’ve got a set of these

1 Like

Anyone know what kind of truck angles I should be running for max stability at ~30mph? I’m planning on using BN 220 hangers + BN adjustable baseplates on an LY Evo 40 which has a 15 degree wedge in the front and a 15 degree dewedge in the back. Also if anyone knows about bushings and pivot cups as well that would be great. And yes, I did put this in the bushing/truck thread but didn’t get an answer lmao

2 Likes

…for more stability dewedge the rear. You can do it until 0 degrees. Should work fine :smile:
Bushings are about preferences. Would suggest 90a for speeds like that, but you have to find out which one works best for you. Use Barrel Bushings all the way.
peace

3 Likes

Thanks! Should I leave the front angle where it is?

1 Like

You have to try. Rule of thumb is dewedge the rear and wedge the front to something about 45-50 degrees. Hopefully I dont switch the wedge and dewedge on here now hahahahaha. The Kingpin on the rear can be vertical to the road.

1 Like

haha sounds good! thanks my man

1 Like

No problem, dood.
At last there is to mention that 45-50 degrees in the front will give you nice turning abilities, above that, lets say 55 degrees you will get less turning and more steering.

At 30mph? 50 degree front, 44 degree rear is okay

Faster? Then 50 degree front, 35 degree rear

4 Likes

Thanks! Any bushing/pivot cup recommendations? I was looking at 93a bushings but not really sure

1 Like

Yeah thats something around the sweet spot. :smile:

Riptide

4 Likes

Use quality Bushings like Venom or @RipTideSports
I bet Brad will help you finding the right solution for you.

1 Like

There is an entire thread dedicated to exactly this :smirk:

2 Likes