Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

if you get the flipsky one, don’t get the plus variant. It has problems (there was a thread about it, looking for it)

If you buy a unity from JP you support a scammer. Your decision if you can live with it.

edit: referring to this

3 Likes

Is dual 6355 Maytech doable on caliber 2 truck?

Dual 6355 should work but you might need 12mm belts instead of 15mm

3 Likes

Depending on your wheels and belts yes. I’ve got airless 107 wheels that rub on the belt I’ve been doing nothing like troubleshooting. With a 15mm belt it will be hell and cost you sanity and more money for new trucks or pulleys. 12mm probably would work ok

1 Like

Thanks, would it be wrong to use 15mm pulley with 12mm belts?

Idk, on the motor side you might get away with it but if you use a 15mm pulley on the wheel, depending on how thick your motor mount is, you won’t have any clearance between the pulley and the mount, and the 2 motors won’t fit

1 Like

Have a question about hanger size.

How long it should be from bearing to bearing to fit dual 6374?

I ran dual maytech 6355 on e-calibers for a while, those have 10mm longer axles and fit just fine with 15mm belts and 110mm wheels

Yes, with extended axles on caliber trucks it works, I wish I knew that before buying the components last year

Focbox Unity is a better ecs than flipsky IMO or the Stormcore D60 is the new upgraded version

I’m looking for trucks that fix dual 6355 motors with 15mm belts on a vanguard deck. There are some truck hangars by Boardnamics and torque board, 218mm, 220mm, but I’m looking for more narrows look. Any advise

1 Like

Boardnamics 184 are nice if you want to keep the look more narrow, should fit dual 6355 no problem.

4 Likes

Thanks @xsynatic for the reply. I would like something in the price range and appears flipsky non plus 6.6 seems to have good(ish) reviews. Any others to consider (not mega buck)

1 Like

You could run 2x Torqueboard v6 vescs. Might be a bit more than the flipsky (don’t have pricing in my head) but definitely a very good one as it seems. + you don’t support a scammer or a company with horrible QC and CS.

3 Likes

two TBV6 is 270
makerX DV6 is 225 (sale right now)
both cost slightly more than flipshit, but better QC imo

4 Likes

Can we please just stop with this, it’s really annoying seeing you spam this everywhere. Not all of their products are bad. There have been some quality control mishaps but there are a lot of people successfully running certain products. Especially remotes and motors.

3 Likes

I didn’t say all their product is bad, I still use their vx1, vx2 and also antispark (until that fails) actually. I can chill with the flipshit thing, but my point still stand for their failure rate that get reported in the community. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

To be completely honest, I’ve run about:
5 dual VESC 4.20+
1 dual VESC 6.6
7 or 8 VX1
1 VX2
3 Flipsky 200A Antisparks
And now 2 Flipsky 6384 motors

They’ve been great

2 Likes