Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

https://vesc-project.com/node/178

2 Likes

@b264 @Darkie02
Thank you 2 very much! Its much appreciated!
The thought of digging into the vesc tool has been daunting, and part of the reason I got the tayto kit b4 putting together a custom build.
Last question for tonight, how do I get reverse to work?

Thank you, will study that

Change App_Settings>PPM>General>Control_Type to “Current Hyst Reverse With Brake”

Also “Current” and “Current Smart Reverse” have reverse — but “Current” is probably not suitable for beginners and “Current Smart Reverse” I just don’t really like at all. You might.

2 Likes

It’s the control type on the remote settings

Edit @b264 faster at typing than me. Was not sure if it was PPM or NRF you were useing

I would advise you use brake with out reverse if it’s you first board. Brakes and reverse use the same movement on the remote and if it’s you first board some people panic when there about to crash and pulse the brakes and start flying backwards

There is more settings for limiting revers speed and how slow you have to be going befor useing reverse but I don’t use reverse

2 Likes

@b264 @Darkie02
Pm me your paypal, I’ll send a little beer/coffee $ for the help

1 Like

Send it to @longhairedboy for upkeep of the forum servers fees

3 Likes

Will do, thanks again

1 Like

Yeah definitely hook up esk8 news, donate button on the top

Only way to keep it ad free and neutral uncensored advice not trying to sell you things.

1 Like

I’m getting keen to convert my Tan Tien and I want to keep it as close as possible to what it is now. I’m thinking hub motors, are there any that fit on Paris v3 trucks?
Is there something else I should be thinking about?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

119631572_339473030440226_9011664487967823325_n

1 Like

best bet are loaded unlimited motors or Unobtainium Neohubs.

Alternatively get regular hubs and their truck but upgrade the baseplate

2 Likes

:eyes:

?

So if a fault occurs, there will be a 75ms delay between when the fault is detected and when the throttle/break don’t work anymore?

The throttle and brake and the main FETs will all be off for 75ms, then they will resume unless/until another fault occurs

2 Likes

The big takeaway here is that a 75ms cutout usually won’t knock you off balance and a 50ms cutout almost certainly won’t knock you off balance but a 500ms cutout will almost 100% for sure knock you off the board

1 Like

Ahhh i see, thanks for the clarification

TSG pass clear visor has some spots on it I can’t seem to get to go away. Accidentally made a small scuff in the process as well.

Normally I wouldn’t have cared, but the spots/scuff distort my view at night.

Input?

Plastic polish and lots of elbow grease?

Hi folks, new builder from New Zealand. Im nearing the completion of my first build with a single drive on 'thane and DIY 10s2p. Was looking for a well priced dual drive to take a grunty setup of 2 6374 140kv 3500 and AT wheels. Lots around about flipsky 6.6 plus but dare I mention he who should not be named (on this forum) is selling new Focbox’s US$200 - Should I go for It? They are here https://massivestator.com/products/focbox-unity-dual-motor-controller

1 Like