Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Is it from a fresh reboot, with remote disconnected?

Do all escs truly have the same firmware version?

You can change direction manually by the way

1 Like

Yep, fresh reboot but I don’t remember if the remote was disconnected

I thought they did, I uploaded it like 3 times just to double check. I’ll go back and try again later today

Why does it feel like my motor is glitching when riding? I was riding today and the motor would run the stop for a very quick second and continue to run, it was kinda like a hiccup. Any ideas?

Anyone know which series of JST ports goes with which XT connector? Nothing in the user manual.

maybe?

1 Like

@xsynatic
Fucking christ, been trying for 10 minutes to follow the wires on that image :rofl:

Sanity check:

2 Likes

Looks good to me.

*i take no responsibility for damage on your batteries

5 Likes

I think I’m having that same issue with my build right now (as I’m testing it). I think I might have forgotten to set bldc mode for both vescs. I’m about to check

1 Like

Are you using HFI?

To me, that looks like a fire waiting to happen. Only question is how long to wait.

Why though? Its just a parallel board. If they were so dangerous, imo, we wouldn’t be making battery packs using pcb boards

2 Likes

history tells me it will happen when he leaves the room unattended

2 Likes

Because the risk of plugging stuff into the wrong port by accident seems high to me. IDK :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

They no longer charge inside the house. Built a firebox outside. Wife saw all y’all’s mean comments on battery fires and told me “take that LiPo shit outside” :rofl:

1 Like

LoL sorry

I feel a BMS and a fused charge port is just much safer imho, even if for lipo battery

1 Like

Oh. Once I have it figured out and before I start any charging, I’ll be labelling everything

exactly. 99% of the time it’s your girlfriends fault

2 Likes

how often do u put it in the wrong hole? :joy:

5 Likes

Alot of that seemed to have a chargeport and a penis implicated. Luckily I’m only using balance ports and no penis :rofl:

1 Like

does the connection even matter? if it’s a passive board the xt connectors should have the same potential (connected in parallel) and the jst ports connected in parallel as well?

1 Like