Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

yes, within the remote setting itself. it should work as intended after u set it, can skip the ppm setup in vesc tool, vx2 does not support ppm anyway

2 Likes

hmm. i guess maybe nothing is happening since i have it hooked up to a power supply right now?

i don’t think it matter if u have the esc on or off, as long as the receiver and remote is paired, u can change the parameters in remote anytime

quick question, u have the pins in correct places right?

1 Like

I should’ve been more clear; I meant nothing happening in the sense that I don’t see any data showing up in the vesc program or my motors moving.

Kinda, I have a mirror image of that. The pins line up from receiver to vesc, though

yea, then just complete the rest of ur vesc tool setting and try it. even without correct parameters settings, motor should still spin, unless there was no value in the throttle max/min

where can i find the throttle values? is it the black bar at the bottom right? All i managed to setup were the motors and master/slave (i think i did that correctly)

hold down the mode(the one below power) button for maybe 2-3s, then u should see the 1 page of settings, there are bunch of them, like cell count, wheel dia…etc keep pressing the mode button until u see a page that has the max/min value, then hold the same button again, it will let u to set the throttle max/min values, once that’s done, smash the power button to go up a page (back to scrolling the setting pages). u can also change other settings if the telemetry is incorrect.

Here is the flipshit tutorial video for vx2:

flipshit should have all this info in their website, not just a shitty youtube video

ohhh those throttle values were showing up and i did the calibration and what not there. I thought there was another set of values that were supposed to show up in the program.

Not sure why it didnt work then

checked the esc type setting page? i think v4 should be set to focbox…i think :joy:

lmao ill try that instead

unfortunately it didnt work :sneezing_face:

Does anybody know of a good source for to find replacements for my two turnigy 12000mah 6s 12c batteries? Doesn’t have to be the same brand, just has to be comparable.

Ebay has some, but they are very overpriced, hobbyking is out, and amazon doesn’t restock until the 18th.

hold up, ur RXTX pin is in flipshit order right? as in RX to RX, TX to TX

yep, vrx1 to vrx1 and vtx1 to vtx1

1 Like

then i don’t know man, maybe someone else is able to help

1 Like

darn okay, thanks for all the help though, appreciate it

I’m going to try using the VESC tool software instead and see if that gets me anywhere. hopefully it does and itll help some other with this same issue

1 Like

Changing VESC tool/firmware versions definitely did it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

After running motor detection and I get to checking the rotational direction of the motor, I get an error saying I need both vescs to be on the same firmware for it to work; but changing motor rotation works just fine. Should I be worried about this?

1 Like