Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Hit me with some more knowledge please. But if limiting the erpm to prevent it from exceeding how would it exceed?

Better yet how can I have a speed limit without running issues down the road?

I cannot for the life of me get the input/app setup on my esc to work. I’m following the ackmaniac article/tutorial and im using a flipsky 4.20 esc and the vx2. Motor setup is fine (the tutorial says to do bldc setup first which i do, but then it asks about sensored settings? i just left the values how they were and hit next), but when i get to the ppm mapping, nothing moves.

Please send help :sob:

**I’m also following the tutorial in setting up BLDC mode first before sensorless foc. Also im positive the remote is connected.

1 Like

Vx2 is uart only. Move it to the uart port with the right pinout and skip the ppm setup completely

Also remote and receiver might not be paired. Shut off esc, put remote in pairing mode and turn on the esc.

3 Likes

this is the right port isnt it? It’s the only 7 pin port and I made sure the wiring/orientation is correct

I think? Can’t confirm as i don’t have it. If you can read at least tx/rx near the jst port on the esc that’s the one.

Again, turn off esc, pair mode on remote, turn on esc. Go in vesc tool under input and select uart or ppm+uart

Edit: i see you got 2 of them. Are they connected via canbus wire?

1 Like

not yet, im working on the master config first. Im also trying to setup the other vesc as the master but it doesn’t want to work.

also i dont think i have that input section; im using the ackmaniac tool

Unless my problem is im also blind now lol. do they need to be connected via canbus first?

I don’t know if it does. but i would expect it to. xmatic worked with fw 2.08 so I assume it would work with Ack which is forked off newer fw than that.

Rolling down a hill

2 Likes

Yes… connect canbus, finish the motor setup wizard (should do for all of them automatically), then in app-general should be input mode to use. Both sides should have ppm+uart or uart and on the side the remote is on you can adjust parameters under nunchuck (like ramp up time, smart reverse, dunno what ackmaniac has there)

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks!

sorry, still not working; when i go to general and select uart or ppm/uar in the app/input to use and get to the input setup wizard it automatically switches back to ppm when i go to check.

Try without using the wizard. Make sure RT APP is turned on, on the right side. Probably turn on RT and :heart: as well.

1 Like

Oh damn…
Okay, i think @b264 is already explaining now but in the right side you got three pairs for buttons. Read Motor/App, reset to defaults and write
You need to read, change settings, then write settings. Pretty much for every change you make
And you don’t need mapping for uart! Should just work
Honestly, with a vx2, you might be better off with the latest firmware. Just start the wizard and it puts automatically a set of parameters that get you going

2 Likes

how should i setup the mapping without the wizard?

ohhh okay i didnt realize that, will do that

1 Like

Does a UART remote need the mapping set? I’m not sure, I haven’t used any UART remote.

I set up PPM so it goes from -104% to +104% on the control mechanism with a 7% deadband in the center.

Make extra sure that if you power off the remote (or wrap it in aluminum foil) that the commanded throttle is 0% or within your deadband. That’s the failsafe setting.

i tried setting the “App to use” to uart or uart/ppm and selected the write settings, then back to the wizard with no luck.

when you say latest firmware do you mean i should use the vesc tool and use that firmware instead?

is the control mechanism something you modify in remote setup?

im also kinda lost about the aluminum foil/failsafe part. Which failsafe/what does it do?

the parameters is done in the vx2 remote itself, since u r using uart

1 Like

The calibration? And i dont need to enter any values in anywhere else in the esc tool?

1 Like