Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I’ve got one.

Careful… you’ll anger the Brian

2 Likes

He can fight me and my unfused charging ports

Well, 6s is pretty low for esk8, especially for an emtb - Seriously limits your maximum power and possibly your speed, depending on your KV/gearing.

Make sure to do sensor detection when setting up, make sure you got a good sensor detection result, and run in one of the sensored/hybrid modes, not sensorless.

Yep, all that and many other unthinkable things, some of which I’ve had happen, some theoretical, all very plausible

Just do it

One more person tearing down an esk8 to replace … a blown fuse … instead of a battery or burnt skate or burnt house … is a win and makes it all worth it. Already may have saved one of mine.

Best news is you can even ride it one more time after the mishap before you have to fix it :sunglasses:

4 Likes
  • metallic debris flies into charge port
  • someone trips over charge cord and rips jack halfway out of skate
  • you close the closet door and the charge cord gets caught
  • your charger has an internal malfunction while you are away
  • you accidentally stick your house key in the charge port like a fukkin idiot because you just got home, your dog is trying to lick you, and your girlfriend wants you to do something RIGHT NOW and you are trying to plug in your skate but you stuck the wrong thing in by accident
  • shit fucking happens
  • children fucking with shit
11 Likes

lmao…

6 Likes

Sometimes when I get home and all that shit is happening I leave my phone/keys in the beer drawer of the fridge.

5 Likes

Hahaha I’m dead, okay you convinced me.
But am I okay to add a new charge port today so I can set the board up and test the backlash? Then is it possible to just add In the fuse afterwards in like a week. I will keep that port protected from any keys, I promise lol

3 Likes

Alright people with 6" pneumatics

I took my bergs on there first ride today and got a average of 68 wh a mile :disappointed_relieved:

The wheels wobble a ton and I have yet to fix it but would the WH really be that affected

4 Likes

Depends how fast you were going and terrain and how you were riding. 68wh is high but not unreasonable with very aggressive riding and hill climbing.

Also whats your air pressure because that is a big factor too.

3 Likes

and did you remember to correctly calibrate your wheel size?

1 Like

My bets here

1 Like

The 10 rotation on the unity yeah

The estimated range matched up with my phone

30mph average

1 small hill

60psi

All roads

Could you give more detail on the rest of your setup

30mph average? Yeah it could happen. I can pull low 40s wh/mile doing 30+ average (on urethane), 68 still seems slightly high but not completely impossible.

NO WHEEL SIZE measurement…

you have to click on the HUD and you can set your wheel size

Yeah I did that too :joy:

what wheel size and Wh were you getting before the swap?

1 Like