Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

it’s ‘normal’ but not great…tb110s?

Does it wobble the same without the pulley? Is the pulley bolt on?

Yep, tb 110s. I just noticed them after mounting them and giving them a spin

Yes and yes. It looks like some of the urethane got chopped off but I’ve only ridden it inside like 20 feet lol

*actually if you mean pulley bolt like on a bolt on pulley, then no; in using press fit pulleys

1 Like

Yes, I know people hate reverse. I found it useful when commuting.

I found that if i went from reverse to forward too quick I could trigger an overcurrent fault. so I stopped doing that.

I’m now hearing conflicting viewpoints that say no vesc shoudl be able to handle a hard transition from reverse to forward or forward to reverse. and also that it should be able to handle that even on the bench with no load. and other viewpoints that yes this will trigger faults and is bad for it.

Bonus question

If I forward to reverse on the bench, trigger an over current fault on one of dual focboxes, and the other triggers a DRV fault. is that a sign that that other FOCBOX is FOCd? ( still working out what to do with the focbox that threw a DRV fault in the wild. ) was trying to find ways to test it.

thoughts?

1 Like

If you add the entire part, including the nut that holds the wheel, it should not be an issue. It should only be an issue if that causes your belt to move around slightly. If that happens, it could be the pulley not fitting the TB 110s. That looks like a different pulley than TBs.

But then again, didn’t you cut the axel? It could mean that a file is needed.

2 Likes

That’s weird if people are saying no, it cannot handle reversing and going forward. Didn’t Boosted do this with no issues? Or were there issues with that from the start?

The bonus question sounds like you’re still having problems with the DRV system for one of the vesc. Thanks to everyone helping me out with vesc tools, I now understand it a lot better than before.

Does it do that if you put it on the front truck with no pulley or anything? That doesn’t look normal.

my belts come today so ill check for what.

I did, but i also made sure to file everything down and make sure the bearing sat flush with the hanger. Though I can always go back and check. I kind of doubt this is the case though; when you look at the part of the wheel that creates that “wobble effect”, the wheel looks slightly misshapen.

ill try it on the front truck when im free later. one of the other wheels is like this too, though its not as bad.

Hi, i need to get Tube Ring Lugs for my NESE setup. There are 4 options that refer to wire guage size (16, 10, 6 and 2.4). My noob question is, which wire is this (and how do i know what the size is, do i use calipers or something to measure it?)

You’ll notice that there are two different numbers. The ones you quoted are millimeters squared. You can calculate that roughly by measuring the diameter of your wire and using the formula for the area of a circle - Pi * R2.

The other numbers, are AWG. That’s what all your wire is already sized in, so just use those.

1 Like

The problem is that I’ve not got all the parts yet, so am not sure which wire it is that I’d be measuring. Is it the ones coming from the Esc? I guess the safe thing would be to just get 2 of each size sense they’re not so expensive

It’s the size wire that the main power is flowing through. It’ll usually be either 12, 10, or 8 AWG.

You did buy some wire to go with those lugs, right?

1 Like

Holy shit how do I turn off the super slow reverse on the latest vedder firmware?? Ive been pressing every button on the vesc tool trying to find the setting.

Do you have an ERPM limit set for reverse?

If you use uart it’s on vesc remote in app config. Smart reverse it’s called. Without it you have no reverse in current mode, except for dedicated button

I’d just use it though. I like it at 1.7s ramp up to 7% erpm (rule of thumb is 1.x for x% reverse speed for me. Faster gets me in the wrong way, slower is boring)

2 Likes

Who can recommend me a good handheld tyre balancer for 8mm shafts max?

Where? I only mention of smart reverse is under PPM (i am using uart), Why is there no on/off button for it? I set it to current with no luck.

App_Settings>PPM>Control_Type

Change that to “Current Hyst Reverse With Brake” or “Current”

1 Like