Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

That didnt work :frowning:

1 Like

Did you click “Read” first and then “Write” after changing it?

1 Like

Read again… app config, vesc remote, smart reverse…

Zero settings called “vesc remote”

On pc it’s the nunchuck i believe

why in the flying fuck would it be nunchuck

edit: I believe you, I just think its dumb

thanks

I hadnt upgraded my firmware. I was able to set smart reverse to “off” and now I have no reverse. Why is this so fucking hard.

As explained by me, you got no reverse in uart mode without smart reverse, except for if your remote has a “z” channel button that chages direction.

Read my first message again, play a bit with the numbers and you might like it, assuming you don’t really want to go full speed in both directions

fixed speed reverse doesn’t sound very smart. someone needs to talk with the marketing department.

I mean, the alternative is full speed or no reverse. Backing up slowly at a predetermined speed is pretty damn smart i think.

Of course, someone is going to put 100% max erpm there and forget that it’s duty cycle mode that needs a decent ramp up time and kiss the asphalt

or a variable controlled speed reverse which come with current or hyst reverse. that’s a good alternative. if limited reverse ERPM wasn’t bugged they’d be excellent alternatives.

I guess I disagree.

jumping to a fixed RPM is not so smart. why have a thumb wheel if you want on/off binary reverse put it on a button. why not binary braking to go with it. blech.

edit: already regrets posting opinions bout reverse. and no one has flamed me yet.

What about lower motor current limits for reverse (full current for braking though).

2 Likes

that’d be interesting too.

2 Likes

So same deal with the wheel “wobble” on the front (uncut) truck without the pulley.

I’ve also attached some questionable(?) deformations on the wheels. Anything to be worried about?

This last one is the wheel from the original video

I’d email TB and ask them. If the inside edge wobbles side-to-side it’s not really any issue at all. But if it wobbles in the radial direction (where it will lift the axle) then that’s another story.

1 Like

I ordered a batch of 10 pair 20T pulleys from dickyho and it turns out the flanges are too big and hit the motor mount bolts. i

Any thoughts or suggestions?

@ZachTetra mentioned cheese head bolts. not sure what those are yet, but I really don’t want to leave socket head cap screws behind. as I had so much trouble with other bolts stripping.

wondering if I can shave down the flange somehow.

1 Like
3 Likes

that’s definitely interesting. thanks.

the 2.5mm drive size has me a little worried.

wondering if I can just use the motor as a lathe and a dremel to narrow down the flanges. feels a bit sktech tho.

2 Likes

Steel filings and magnets…

3 Likes

Smart reverse is fully adjustable speed-wise. It is duty cycle after all. One full push backwards from a standstill and then lower to the desired speed. Half reverse throttle, half reverse speed. No button needed

1 Like