Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Notice the male is a simple xt90. There’s no resistor on male connectors

5 Likes

Yeah, thanks :sweat_smile:

Need thermal pad for FocBox and 3DS heatsink…what exactly am I looking for?

Why not paste? Or is there a gap you need to fill?

1 Like

Yesss the set screw fixed the clicking, so now I have collared screws, set screws, and a keyway holding the motor pulley down. Just to make sure I don’t jack my motor in the future because of belt tension, does this seem good, it was tighter but I just loosned it.

2 Likes

A general rule of thumb is to run your belts as loose as you possibly can, before they start skipping teeth under heavy acceleration/braking.

That’s why idlers are somewhat common: They allow more belt teeth to be engaged at any given time, so you can run your belts looser.

Looser belts means less stress on the shafts, and lower friction losses in the belts/pulleys.

5 Likes

No, because there is no XT90-S male. The male are all XT90. The female antispark have the green L on them and are XT90-S. There are also female (not antispark) without the green L called XT90. XT90-S plugs into XT90. Only the female part is antispark and has a resistor inside the package.

3 Likes

Okay, since i’m running a single drive, I think this is a pretty good tension so I’ll leave it at that. Thanks

2 Likes

I’m using a ppm remote but I recently installed a flipsky ble via uart. Will I get interference?

That’s what I’ve seen used?

no

3flipshit

2 Likes

No. You won’t. I have the same set up.

1 Like

I understand, thermal paste usually conducts heat better albeit being a bit messy, if there is not a gap you need to fill I’d go with paste over a pad. Otherwise these are what I’ve used in the past, you can use scissors to cut them to size. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32810504639.html

1 Like

Dude, thats 4000 posts ago :rofl:

1 Like

Trying to navigate site . I’ll pay better attention :joy:

2 Likes

Thermal paste is my kind of thing. I always use it for my builds. Works like a charm.

Should Photoshop one half male half female, the pre-op trans xt-90. Honestly it is confusing with the yellow plastic vs just thinking about the bullets in there though I used to mix this up all the time. Nice clear image.

2 Likes

I have an aps remote, on a flipsky esc, with a Bluetooth module. No problems up till now (been a year)

1 Like

Thanks. I have a unity with Enertion remote and that flipsky ble

Is this kind of wheel “wobble” normal?/is it something to be worried about? It’s secured on properly.