Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I am not sure. However, switching motor cables to the esc should not matter and weird/high pitch sounds during motor detection are normal too. Did you try switching everything off and running motor detection again?

I make a PM to myself. You can work on the same post for days on end.

6 Likes

Yes i have, the esc is blinking red atm while blue stays on and green to but in a milder way (dont know how to explain it). Also the foc detection result says ‘detection timed’ out after a while of trying to setup the motor it just stops and says that. Tried a few things. Also, ‘bad detection result received’ after trying to setup motor. Wierd thing is i type in faults in the terminal and it doesnt do anything. Just stays blanc…

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

If it’s a VESC-based ESC then I would rerun motor detection. Which ESC is it?

1 Like

Yes it is a VESC based ESC. With rerun motor detection do you mean rerun ‘setup motor FOC’ in the vesc tool? Sorry, i’m really new to all this.

2 Likes

When i click run detection it wont spin up my motor and it takes very long and then the red led flashes. Now it says ‘flux linkage detection failed’. What does this mean?

Make sure your phase wires aren’t shorted and y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶u̶g̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶.

What esc are you using? Maybe take a few pictures so we can see whats going on.

1 Like

All of a sudden now the terminal works. I’ve tried typinh faults and it says after fault: FAULT_CODE_HIGH_OFFSET_CURRENT_SENSOR_1. I have no idea what this means. What i do know is thati run my motor sensoreles since mine doesnt have sensorwires. Everything worked fine before, what could be the problem here?

The phase wires are the 3 wires comming out of the motor right? (real noobie here) Everything is plugged in but could i try to switch 2 out of 3 wires and see if that helps? omw to make some pics.

1 Like

Yes the three wires coming out of the motor, make sure they’re not shorting at the bullet connectors or near the esc. Shouldn’t have to turn any around since motor detection works with the wires in any order.

3 Likes
![WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 14.39.07 (1)|666x500](upload://glZ2nJRyJoXkqmbXBLGr4Rcxs29.jpeg) ![WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 14.39.07 (2)|666x500](upload://yRqVcGJbOOOjd2SN9AN7cwFY7Cr.jpeg) ![WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 14.39.07 (3)|666x500](upload://dIvG9UCRQHlj9VXh4ND5ygmclAG.jpeg) ![WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 14.39.07|666x500](upload://7BD5lyDnqtx8CiJ7EeBHwKhDSho.jpeg) 

This is the current situation

Well that didn’t worked out. Let’s try again

Wait until the images show up in the text box before you post :slight_smile:

Take the reciever out of the uart port before you try motor detection again, that can mess with detection.

1 Like

This is not a good fault to see.

I would do a hand test on the motor before attempting to drive it again.

1 Like

Yup. What I have done a bunch of times in the past is set up a thread for someone, then unlist it so it doesn’t show up anywhere public.

Then you can work on it in private, get it just right, then ask me to list it again. Can also do it with a post that already exists if you have put work into it.

4 Likes

A search on that fault code yields

https://www.vesc-project.com/node/1381

So I would inspect your ESC VERY VERY closely (like under magnification) and check for solder balls. It probably has a solder ball laying on it. Cut the heatshrink off and brush it with a clean, dry toothbrush if you can’t do that.

Here are some examples of what to look for

download (90)

download (88)

download (87)

2 Likes

Is it possible that i killed my motor by not putting back the phase wires the way they where?