Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Sadly taking the reciever out and trying again didn’t solve anything

1 Like

But then it wouldnt have worked in the first place right?

It’s extremely unlikely that reordering the phase wires would have any effect besides reversing the rotation direction.

It’s more likely that a physical movement of the ESC happened during that process which dislodged a solder ball and it landed on something bad.

2 Likes

I will get the transparent plastic wrap of the esc and make some really close up pictures

1 Like

Okey, pretty sure i fried my esc…To the left of the red sticker the ship

8 Likes

Yup. Sorry to see, man.

4 Likes

and there goes another 100bucks. Got any recommendations for a new vesc? 6.6 or 4.2 and if im planning on making a dual setup in the future can i also buy a dual en use it as a single until i decide to buy the second motor?

2 Likes

Yep, it’s dead. :sob: Add your country to your profile and we can help you more.

2 Likes

Just tried to do so, from the netherlands here

1 Like

Calling myself a poor student here, are there any people here with experience from ordering flipsky 6.6dual from banggood.com? the price there is so much difference…

Whatever you do don’t buy flipsky. Roll of the dice on quality.

With that out of the way, a cheap esc that served me well is from maker-x.
Alternatively, the vesc is vesc 6 from trampa

5 Likes

Depending on the cost of those ESCs, it may be cheaper to have @seaborder repair it, he’s in Deutschland.

8 Likes

This would be my choice if I was trying to keep my budget under control. Mine still runs like a champ if I don’t stress it.

7 Likes

Can i run a single motor with a dual vesc until i decide to upgrade to two motors? And can someone please explain me the benefits of 6.6 over 4.2?

I’ve send him a message, thank you very much for the recommendation!

1 Like

Could someone inform me on what the pros and cons are of having two single vescs or just one dual?

You can. Your esc doesn’t care.

v6 is an updated spec that’s more robust and capable of handling more current reliably.

2 Likes

Pros:

Easier setup
No need for can bus cabling

Cons:

If one esc dies, you have to replace the whole thing

4 Likes

Since i got to manage to break mine i’ll probably buy 2 single vescs then. Thank you guys so much for the help. All this stuf i wouldn’t have even thought about without u guys, thanks again!!

8 Likes

What is a good replacement switch for a broken slider switch on the remote?