Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

:arrow_up: this.

There’s you – before you’ve dealt with stripped grubscrews, and you – after you’ve dealt with stripped grubscrews.

5 Likes

Okay, I’ll pick these up tmrw and check the strength. Hopefully it will fix my clicking problem :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’ve noticed that you can get a small break if you use wera keys. I tried using the same cheapo Amazon screws I had when I couldn’t find anything better locally. They would strip 100% of the time with my B&D keys but not a single one stripped while using the weras. Something is better than nothing*?

*: While you wait on better materials from the usa

2 Likes

Should my motor pulley be making contact with the motor mount plate? If not, how should I space them out evenly?

No, but ideally you want it to be close. You can use a feeler gauge or a piece of paper to space it out and then tighten the set screw. I have mine set at 0.2mm gap but anything should work as long as it is not rubbing.

5 Likes

Yeah, the Wera hex-plus keys are WAYYYYYYY better than generic chinesium ones. Those, plus high strength fasteners, and using socket cap head rather than button head screws (socket cap screws have a hex that’s a size bigger for a given screw size), will save you from so many stripped-screw situations.

1 Like

Flipshit baudrate should be 115200

1 Like

Thanks! Do you know if you apply modes on this module?

1 Like

No problem, which modes you think?

1 Like

Using a piece of paper is smart, I’m stealing that idea.

I just push it up against the plate until it’s rubbing, and try to back it off ever so slightly untill it barely doesn’t rub. Paper is genius.

4 Likes

I think I’ll have another use for nickel strip now

2 Likes

I’m trying to apply a mode to limit the speed

It’s buried in the Motor_Settings>General>Advanced>Maximum_Duty_Cycle

But use that at high risk, and don’t set it above 95%, and make sure Duty_Cycle_Current_Limit_Start is less than the duty cycle limit (like 85%, 95% for example)

It’d be easier to use the Motor_Settings>General>RPM tab and lower Max_ERPM but that could expose you to bugs where going over the limit removes your ability to use the brake

In general, I don’t limit speed after switching from Ackmaniac firmware to Vedder, because it’s too risky and clunky to do so, and doesn’t work very well when it does work.

disclaimer: use at your own risk

4 Likes

For future reference, standard copy paper is about 0.004 freedumb units thick.

4 Likes

0.102mm

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does anybody know if evolve 7" knobby tires are directional? By eye it looks like it, but does it really matter?

V forward displaces water while V backwards gives more traction off road

2 Likes

Thanks. Seems like I will just do 2+2 in different patterns so I could rotate them to switch to the other pattern later. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Is it possible to save a draft of a post to continue on it later? Don’t manage to write up my first build in one go …

4 Likes

Can someone here please help me? I got everything working but i think i switched the 3 motor wires to the ESC when plugging them back in (really stupid i know). I just tried to spin up my wheels and then i heard a really wierd noice coming from my motor. It didn’t spin when doing this, there was no smoke or so. I’ve tried to reinstal firmware and setup motor FOC but when doing so i get red flashing lights on my esc while the blue and green will stay on. How do i get to know whats wrong here? Did i blow up my motor or fried my esc and how do i test this? Thank you so much for thinking here with me.