Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Thank @kook

2 Likes

You can PM him, he’s still here.

1 Like

today I noticed focbox UI / unity fw. has a disable boolean for motor temp throttle. I think vesc firmware doesn’t have this. am I mistaken?

Hi …
First Time user …
i have been advised to come here and ask about a FOCBOX issue!
Has been good for the last 6months…and now this?? Any ideas
Screenshot_20200608-140253|243x500

2 Likes

That’s a FOCBOX Unity. If it was a FOCBOX I could help.

Can anyone with Unity experience help?

1 Like

Do a search in this topic:

(I linked your problem at the bottom.)

2 Likes

pretty sure that just means you failed to connect. looks like bluetooth connection via android?
not sure how to help you debug that though. make sure nothing else is connected to your unity, if by chance there is. also make sure it’s on. :stuck_out_tongue:

yea, id make sure its powered up, search the com port and hit connect. Assuming youre attempting over USB. Which is what I would do if I had BT issues.

Also, when you refresh the com port, see if theres a change from the default. Does your computer make the new usb connected noise if there is one? Sometimes those connectors can break off the pcb ive heard. Worst case, im sure theres a bootloader for FW crashes. Enertion github comes up on a google search and all of the files exist there. Youll need to provide more info

1 Like

Yeah it’s on…just opened it up and it’s in front if me now…
Only thing I’ve done different was add some wireless head phones into my phone…

1 Like

@Juzzles You might not be able to have two USB connections going at the same time. Basically it’s trying to connect to the headphones instead of Unity

Where it says connection: there is a drop-down menu. Reselect unity . Not your headphones.

1 Like

Just unpaired everything…same thing…random!!

Cheers anyway

1 Like

Not sure if his eBay store is open right now, but dickyho is the place to go for cheap but decently quality parts. Don’t expect top notch craftsmanship, but expect items that will work more than enough for your needs. If the eBay store is still shut, message him on here and see what he has in stock, he’s still shipping out

3 Likes

What’s your favorite 29-32inch deck ?

This one

29.62" x 9.85" Powell-Peralta OG Bug Skateboard Deck Reissue

Oh that’s out of stock. Well there is still one left in stock here. Get it while you can

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JGPG363?tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

1 Like

The 30.43" Powell-Peralta Bones Brigade Mike McGill Skull & Snake Series 10 Reissue is also a really, really nice deck.

Oh, those are out of stock everywhere too.

Welp, some lucky person can get the one Bug that’s left

Also check out the Powell-Peralta Lance Mountain Future Primitive Bones Brigade Reissue deck, it’s dope af

Looks like those are out of stock too but there are a few on eBay for way too much money

Okay hahah how about cheap but good and not outa stock everywhere :joy::joy: @b264

1 Like

Maybe something like a tayto deck

But those are discontinued as well

Ask and ye shall receive

This one is dope af and they still have it for less than a hundred bones. Get it, bones? ha ha

3 Likes

Not bad but wheel base is so small @b264

I know you love them kick tails

1 Like