Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Aren’t they basically relabeled flipsky motors? If so, i have some very bad things to say and do to whoever made them

Yes and no, I don’t know the specifics enough to go into detail about them, take what I said with a grain of salt. Just going from what I read on the forums in the last few months.

1 Like

Put the female end on for more leverage

1 Like

No.

I actually have an older @torqueboards 6355 and a new 6355 right here in front of me taken apart, and the quality difference is amazing. He’s been busy behind the scenes… basically every part is better. The new ones have better bearings, better shaft retention, better shaft, better magnet retention, a circlip on the rotor, better waterproofing on the sensor assembly, stronger stator mount, better termination, and probably other things not visible from the outside…

The newest versions of the TB motors are very, very good

9 Likes

Oh forgot to add that its super glue. Okay, I’ll try that. Right now its soaking in acetone

1 Like

they also battle hardened the shit out of it right?

Still can’t seem to be able to remove the xt90 from the 3d printed piece which is super glued. Have tried acetone, vinegar, hot water, but it won’t budge

The magnets are secured much, much better; yes.

1 Like

I would recommend some kind of press tool to apply unreasonable force.

You could also try heating the pins of the XT90 till you can remove them, then drilling out the holes till you reach the walls, then using pliers and a small chisel-like object to remove the individual remaining pieces of the XT90.

Or just chuck the whole thing in the garbage and I can 3d print you a replacement for the cost of filament plus postage.

2 Likes

Heat gun?

1 Like

I’ve tried, I didn’t move whatsoever and I’m pretty sure at this point the 3d printed piece is unusable. I already replaced the xt90 I just need to get a new printed piece

1 Like

Why not use epoxy?

1 Like

Just get another print or use epoxy? Whatever you could use to dissolve the superglue will also dissolve the print’s structural integrity and make it unreliable imo

1 Like

Yea the xt90 is coming out of the 3d printed piece, so imma get a replacement for the 3d printed piece

Anyone have an answer I can give him? @Venom121212 , @torqueboards or @b264 possibly?

Measure the inside of the threaded hole with calipers. If it’s almost 4mm, then it needs an M4 grub screw.

1 Like

M4 10 chars

3 Likes

Is there a max length?

Alright total noob question — has anyone reduced their motor shafts? And how? I have the TB 6380 and the shaft is just a bit too long for 8” MBS I want to put on. Can I just cut it with a hacksaw and sand it down a bit? I need like 2mm off.

A dremel with a reinforced cutoff wheel works great for that. You can also space out the motor with washers.

2 Likes