Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Looking into comms systems for talking to one person while riding wearing helmets. I’ve heard of some people using their phones, lavalier mic and a regular phone call or some voice chat app. I like this idea because we wouldn’t need to push to talk (keep attention on riding) and comms is always active. Thoughts, ideas, product recommendations?

1 Like

Well I put the griptape in

Looks pretty good besides the fact that the wires are popping out, probably because they weren’t all the way down when doing the epoxy

1 Like

Hmm. I’m not following from that diagram.

what is your graph showing? watts for blue Y axis? amps for Red Y axis ? RPM on X axis.
I can’t seem to get to the paper you pulled that from.

Still not yet seeing what would make the response non linear on a plot motor amps / duty cycle given limit of max battery current. ie the original chart.

i don’t understand. :confused:

So 80kg loaded weight on 8 inch pneumatics is too much too handle for dual Maytech 6374 motors? They should be beefy enough right?!

1 Like

Yea for sure, I’m 75ish Kg and have dual TB 6374s and they have plenty of power.

What gearing are you running?

1 Like

Maytech motors just suck as of lately

Is it the thermals which make them suck? Or just in general :joy:

1 Like

72/16 or 4.5

1 Like

Im thinking the sealed design just traps the heat too much…

1 Like

One of the first steps I see in the battery building process is to measure individual cell voltages to find outliers. I believe that the person shipping the battery needs to drop them to 30% capacity before shipping.

If that’s the case, am I making a bet on the seller’s ability to uniformly discharge cells before shipping them to me? As due diligence, is there some sort of charge/discharge cycle I should run new cells through before looking for outliers (+/- voltage)?

You should be fine, I wouldn’t worry about it too much if you already have them.

1 Like

Kinda sad as the flipsky 6374s in a 10s config zoomed past me on a small hill😜

1 Like

This uses Jitsi, basically non cancerous Zoom.

3 Likes

Yeah that definitely sounds sufficient.

2 Likes

Kinda bummed I didnt go with the Tb6380s instead…

3 Likes

Speed on the horizontal, power and torque on the vertical.

1 Like

So I need to remove this xt 90 from the 3d piece but i need to be able to reuse the 3d printed pieced. I’ve tried hot soapy water, and vinegar and can’t get it out. Don’t know what to do

What should the voltage per cell of a new S30Q be? Is 3.46 fine?

Wat 637x motors do you recommend that won’t fuck up the bearings in the first week and detects bldc mode hall sensors?

Torqueboards seems to have been nothing but solid lately.

1 Like