Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Happens to me too. Do you put all your weight on your rear foot? Usually, front feet should have slightly more weight if not most weight.

What I do is carve more actually. I know nothing about physiology or body mechanics, but when at a static stance, the muscles in your feet are just building up lactic acid. When you carve, youre cycling through different muscles instead of just the same ones.

3 Likes

I try to move my weight to the front foot when i remember, but my body defaults to a upright position and i have to activly think about moving my weight to the front foot
And i find it a bit scary to have most of my weight on the front foot

2 Likes

i just can’t. No matter how often i try to do it, the habit gets me. I usually even feel safer with the weight on the rear.

2 Likes

It’s for sure different for some people because of how they ride. Sorry I should have stated that. For example, it does not make sense for someone to have their weight on the front foot if they’re applying torque. That’s almost physically impossible because your rear foot is acting as a brace. So if you’re frequent with throttle and torque, then it makes total sense if you’re not accustomed to it. But for long distance, steady state high speed riding, (which for the record most people don’t actually do here) front foot stability is key

IN THE END, where your weight is doesn’t matter for most people but to avoid foot fatigue, do the carves

Source: I’ve been riding my board for like 2 days

6 Likes

I discovered my esc’s were wired in parallel not series from the battery. Power is on now.

1 Like

Hi! I try to make work my bluetooth module ( https://a.aliexpress.com/_dW9LRtt ) with my ESC ( https://makerx-tech.com/collections/x-esc/products/makerx-dual-drive-v4 ).

1. I connect it like here ( on BT module I have RXD and TXD instead RX and TX )
    9e80748422066be079b2cdfb97242abf01e19970
  2. In VESC tool I set “APP to use” to “PPM and UART” and baudrate to 9600
  3. In BLE scanner (Android) I can connect it to ESC monitor ( Ackmaniac ) too. But… no data… It isn’t sending ANY data.

Can anyone help me, please?

disclaimer: I have NO idea what an HC-05 BLE module is

what I’m curious about why the resistors on the TX?

and the simple answer is, some versions of HW and FW don’t play well with certain BLE modules

2 Likes

I think I bought it, because somebody told me that it can work with my ESC… But now I don’t know who :sweat_smile:

1 Like

does anybody know bearing size for dickios wheel pulleys need one
thanks

1 Like

hit up @Scepterr Max had some NRF-51 BLE modules and @DerelictRobot has some NRF-52 modules

that will work if’n your HC-05 hardware reaches a dead end… @vedder even shows you how to make one easily at home…

2 Likes

No no, all good. Just like not everybody can fit the same shoes. Just wanted to give my input :slight_smile:

Isn’t that exact what people are supposed to do?

Accelerate = lean forward
Brake = lean backwards

on second thought: lean ≠ weight

Thats what i can do. When pushing the throttle my weight is in the front, but when cruising i’m especially back heavy instead of distributing it equally.

1 Like

Are these iPhone compatible?

1 Like

they’re bisexual as far as I know

EDIT:

just checked… yup connects with my old iPhoney!! and the superior Android platform!!

2 Likes

Thanks, I will wait (And search) for any same problem.

1 Like

For eMTB LiPo builders: what’s your go to battery enclosure?
I have 4 6s packs from TURNIGY in need of a good protection while I learn how to fall in the forest.
I imagine pelican 1200 but don’t want a case too big or too small. Measuring always screws me over as they don’t state their internal dimensions correctly due to rounded corners

1 Like

The one that comes with the pulley is a 628 bearing, 8x24x8 mm

The optional support bearing that is shared by the pulley and wheel is 8x22x10mm.
Closest available I could find is a 608 W103 bearing, 8x22x10.3 mm

I would say if you go for the Pelican 1200, go for the Pelican Storm iM2050. Its better quality imo and has latches with buttons. Also the listed dimensions are pretty accurate.

3 Likes

The ESCs are supposed to be in parallel, not series. One black wire on each ESC goes to battery negative, and one red wire on each ESC goes to battery positive.

2 Likes

Right. Perhaps I had my parralel/series verbs mixed up.

1 Like

No worries, it happens to the best of us.

2 Likes